Amazing Race 5

melfitz

Cathlete
Does anyone watch this show? I love it! I've watched all, but season 4. I was so sad to see Mirna & Charla eliminated last week. None of the other teams respected them. I hate to say it, but I think it's because Charla was a little person. How ignorant! They tried to be nice to other teams, but got burned. I really despise Colin. He seems like such a jerk. (I would like to think it's because of the race stress.) I would LOVE to seem him eliminated!!!!!

I would love to be on this show! I love all of the adventure, the extreme sports stuff, and travel that the participants go through. I would never do most of the things they do on my own. What a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

-Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I too have become hooked on this show!!! Colin is becoming pretty stressed isn't he? I didn't care for Mirna and Charla. One one hand Charla wanted to prove she was "like everyone else" but then she seemed to expect different or special treatment from people because of her size. We all preceive the teams differently don't we?? I could do the physical stuff, but I'd have real problem with the food challenges. Did you see the cavier???? It made me sick just to watch them. It's a great show and seems much more "real" than the other reality shows. Can't wait to see who wins.

Karen

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I am a big fan of The Amazing Race as well. I haven't kept up with it as much this season. Who was the last team to arrive this week? I only caught half of the show. I am assuming it was not Colin from your post. Sometimes I think that I would like to be on the show as well, but when they have to do certain "stunts" I change my mind quickly!!

Take care,
Teresa

Hi Teresa,

The twins came in last, but it was non elimination round, so they still have a chance, albeit small in my opinion! It will be interesting to see how they get some $$ since all they had was taken away. Isn't it fun to watch and see if you think you could do whatever it is they are involved in that week??

Have a great weekend.

karen

I love this show too - I am so excited that the next season (TAR6) will start in late September! The teams started in Chicago and have been spotted in Iceland and Germany. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chip and Kim; they are enjoying the experience so much!:)

I love this show! I did not care for Mirna and Charla and I'm glad they did not win, but they made the show fun b/c they were the kind of contestants I think a lot of people "love" to "hate." When the producers pick the teams for the race you know they are hoping for personality conflicts galore and the stressful situation brings them on! I ADORE Chip and Kim. They are playing and playing hard yet taking time to enjoy themselves and treat those around them with respect and dignity. I hope they win! This is a really fun TV show to watch. I missed it for the first time this past week so I don't know who got eliminated.
Angela:7

LOVE THE SHOW AND MIRNA AND CHARLA.I hated when they left I can't stand colin I'm now rooting for chip and kim.

I just love that show!! Yes, I felt bad too when Mirna & Charla (sp?) were out. I'd like to see Chip & Kim or the Bowling Moms win. Definitely do not want Colin to win. He was acting like such a jerk on the last episode.

Stephanie - I didn't know they were working on an Amazing Race 6....I'm so glad!! Can't wait for that one either. By the way, I noticed your login name..."gowings"....do you happen to be from the Detroit area? I'm from the north metro Detroit area.

LOVE this show!! I am rooting for Chip and Kim too! I don't want Colin to win either.

Stephanie, thanks for the good news re: Amazing Race 6.

Yeah, I felt sad that Charla and Mirna were eliminated. Although I think the cousins shouldn't try to steal Colin and Christie's taxi, the couple's revenge by trying to pitch everyone against them at the airport was evil }( . I mean c'mon, if you have a conflict with people, deal directly with them, don't try to involve everybody.

I thought Colin was such a sweetie at first, but the last couple of episodes really showed him for what he really is. Mirna once said Colin was a dominant and abusive person, and that Christie was submissive. Well, the episode with the cab driver in Nairobi illustrated that.

I so want Chip and Kim to win. They are so down to earth, and downright funny. I really like the twins, but they seem to rely on people other than themselves to get through the race.

I loved the episode where the twins swam across to the pit stop and everyone else walked across the shallow area. That was so funny!

Hi Cheryl,

Yes to Metro Detroit, I live in Plymouth - where abouts are you? Not sure I'll be much of a Wings fan this year, though, since there probably won't be a hockey season...

Are you a longtime Cathe-ite?

Hi Stephanie - I live in New Baltimore which is on Lake St. Clair between Mt. Clemens and Port Huron. I've been using Cathe workouts since about January. I was afraid to try one but once I did I was hooked! Their the best!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.