All is well in my little world at this moment

andtckrtoo

Cathlete
Hi ladies and gents of Catheland...

I wanted to say hello, and thank you all for the wonderful motivation and encouragement you have given me this year. The Christmas lights are on, as far as I know, I'm done shopping - everything is wrapped, and I even have the lasagna, manicotti and crab dip made up for tomorrow night's party. I'm content and happy (or maybe just punch drunk from MIC today!), so as I sit here sipping my Gingerbread tea and surfing the web I wanted to take the time to wish you a very Merry Christmas, or a wonderful holiday of your choice, and the happiest, healthiest, and fittest New Year yet!

PS - tomorrow will be crazy again and I'll remember 20 things I forgot, but for now, I'm content... Gotta grab those moments when you can!

Good thread Christine! Catheland is really a great place to dwell in! Sometimes the Holidays can be tough. But when I come here there is always someone who can make me smile and forget the tough stuff...I had a crappy day yesterday but when I came here this morning...the different threads had my mood improving so much...http://www.speedyadverts.com/SAGIFS/assets/images/1Thankyou4.gif[/img] to all of you....I hope your X-mas and the New Year are the best yet...:)...Carole

Christine,

I agree with you that this is a place of motivation and encouragement. If I haven't worked out before getting on the boards, I definitely do after reading of everyone's workouts for the day! I always know I can come here if I'm dragging my butt a bit.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Christine,

What a nice, warm post :) Merry Chiristmas to you!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

What a beautiful post Christine. Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy Happy New Year to you too! Have a great time at your party!

Tammy

Merry Christmas Christine. This is definitely a wonderful place to come and relax and chat with friends. Merry Christmas to all my Catheite friends.

can't believe its here already. though i had more time LOL. we have in-laws tomorrow and mom and xmas. spent some time watching some christmas story and christmas cartoons. this is the first year that viola grasps the concept of xmas. she has come a long way. i even heard her sing jingle bells in the tub. its a big step and its almost like a xmas miracle how much change i have seen since moving her treatment to another direction. no other presents are worth it this year then to see her actually part of something and understanding even just a little bit. its very special and i get to share that with you all.

merry christmas

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Kassia,

Your post brought tears to my eyes. Merry Christmas to you, DH and Viola!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Thanks so much Christine for your wonderful post! This is what the holidays are all about! :)
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a FABULOUS and FIT (ofcourse!;)) 2006!:+

Happy Holidays Catheites!:*

Kassia - that's IS what Christmas is all about! The little ones make it so special don't they? I'm so happy that Viola is understanding Christmas - that was one of my favorite memories from my DD's life. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your daughter's new awareness!

Thanks everyone! Y'all are special. Not everyone understands my obsession - it's fabulous coming here and having others relate. {{{HUGS}}} to all!

How thoughtful! Thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you and everyone here on the forums:)

Kassia, thanks for reminding me what it's all about;) !

Michele

I have missed having time to come to the boards the past few weeks. I have found so many new friends and wonderful ideas and outlooks on life since I got my first Cathe workout in April. I wish I could meet you all and tell you in person how important you are to me! Your support and encouragement amazes me each day.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas this year. May we all see heavy, club step-sized and/or DVD-shaped packages under our trees!!!

Enjoy!

>I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas this year. May
>we all see heavy, club step-sized and/or DVD-shaped packages
>under our trees!!!
>
>Enjoy!
i hope i have a new barbell and dumbbell handles:D . plz santa i have been extra good this year LOL.

i do have a good motivation to lose the holiday weight i am gaining. don't have to much weight to go . my sister gave me a gift card to victoria secrets. WOOHOO!!! if that don't get my butt in gear!!!!

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you, Christine. (And Happy b-day to Jimmy). And to all the other wonderful Catheites who share and encourage. Have a blessed holiday.

>I have missed having time to come to the boards the past few
>weeks. I have found so many new friends and wonderful ideas
>and outlooks on life since I got my first Cathe workout in
>April. I wish I could meet you all and tell you in person
>how important you are to me! Your support and encouragement
>amazes me each day.
>
>I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas this year. May
>we all see heavy, club step-sized and/or DVD-shaped packages
>under our trees!!!
>
>Enjoy!

amy, that's too funny! DH just finished wrapping my presents and called me in to look at them. My first thought was, Hmmm, none of that looks like an adjustable weight bench...LOL.

Doesn't matter though. I'm just so grateful to be able to share the holidays with him.

Sparrow

Christine-
What a lovely post from a lovely lady. I for one truly appreciate your contributions to this group, and always look forward to your posts. I don't mean this to sound like you're old, but you are a true mature grown-up and, as one who is always struggling to grow up, I consider that to be the highest of compliments.

Your party sounds fabulous! I'd love to stop by for a drink and some crab dip. Nice of me to invite myself over, huh? ;-)

I don't technically celebrate Christmas, but there is really no such thing as not celebrating Christmas in New York City. I'm enjoying the parties and having the opportunity to express my appreciation to all of the people who have done so much for me throughout the year. And the warm, festive attitude is absolutely contagious!

Have a happy,
Nancy

Nancy - that is so sweet! Thank you. You made my day! And I do take it in the spirit in which it is intended, although I, too struggle to grow up - I think it's an unending journey.

And of course, you're welcome to come to the party - the more the merrier! And it's pretty international. DH is Indian (from India), so all of our Indian friends are coming over, along with other friends who have remained in the area for the Holidays. I'll be wearing a green and red sari. But most of our Indian friends celebrate Christmas. Not as a Christian holiday, but as a time of giving and receiving and appreciating friends and family.

Oh, Christine! I love the idea of a green and red sari! If you are serving any Indian dishes, I may just hop on a plane to California. LOL. How many people are you having?

-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.