Aerobic Shoes and Inserts for extra cushioning !!!

Hi,
A few of you suggested I get Ryka Enlight 11 shoes.
I finally got them in the mail today and I love them. Thank you.
I was also at Lady Footlocker the other day,and I mentioned rebounding and that my feet were a little sore. they suggested for any impact exercise to remove the inserts that come with the shoes and notice how thing they are. I did this and was very surprised at how flimsy the inserts were that came with any of the workout shoes I have. They suggested buying inserts , the brand was by SPENCO it was called Polysorb and made for circuit training. Wow !!! What a difference, I replaced them with the inserts inside of my workout shoes and I have to tell you, it was like walking on air. What a difference it made when I exercised! They worked especially well with the rebounder and stepping.
Just wanted to share this with you.

Marsha

inserts for aerobic shoes?! Overhere we only have inserts for running shoes. Would that be the same thing?

Dutchie:)

How did those inserts change the fit of your shoes? I would be concerned about my shoes fitting tighter, which happens a lot with certain inserts.

THank you for sharing that! i bought some Rykas Rythym IIs recently, and i have bought SEVERAL pairs of inserts trying to get enough cushion for hi/lo stuff. but the inserts always make my shoes too tight and i have ended up throwing them all away. i haven't tried taking out the insoles of my Rykas though because i thought that one of the benefits of Rykas was supposed to be the insoles......if you are going to take them out, what 's the point of rykas??? of course, i am wrong alot, so someone please enlighten me.

jesx(

>Hi,
> A few of you suggested I get Ryka Enlight 11 shoes.
>I finally got them in the mail today and I love them. Thank
>you.
>I was also at Lady Footlocker the other day,and I mentioned
>rebounding and that my feet were a little sore. they suggested
>for any impact exercise to remove the inserts that come with
>the shoes and notice how thing they are. I did this and was
>very surprised at how flimsy the inserts were that came with
>any of the workout shoes I have. They suggested buying inserts
>, the brand was by SPENCO it was called Polysorb and made for
>circuit training. Wow !!! What a difference, I replaced them
>with the inserts inside of my workout shoes and I have to tell
>you, it was like walking on air. What a difference it made
>when I exercised! They worked especially well with the
>rebounder and stepping.
>Just wanted to share this with you.
>
>Marsha

I discovered inserts a few years ago when my shoes seemed to be wearing out too early. They don't change the fit of my shoe at all, I also have the folks at Lady Footlocker cut them for me. They will cut them and put them in the shoe for you. I usually go through two pairs of inserts before the shoe has to be replaced.

As ae as the inserts go, the ones that were suggested to me fit perfect in my Ryka's. I have never had to cut them to fit.
I am happy with them. Try removing the inserts in your shoes and you will see how flimsy they are. Good luck and keep your feet happy.
Marsha:)

I have used inserts for a couple years now. Regular 'ole' Dr. Scholls. They are great for adding cushion and preventing friction. They won't affect the fit of your shoes. I change them about 3 times per year. I have tried other brands, but Dr. Scholls doesn't move around in my shoe. I have been very pleased with inserts.

Marsha I have been thinking of getting inserts!!! But have been putting it off since I got my puzzle mats (Those helped out big time) I saw a infomercial a couple of months ago that had inserts that looked really good, but have not seen it again;( Anyways can I ask how much you paid for yours?? And did they tell you how long they would last??

Thanks,
~Nicole

Replacement insoles are musts for running shoes and I highly recommend them for aerobic shoes as well.

But, a lot of people do not take out the original inserts. The cushioned inserts should be INSTEAD OF the original, not both.

And, the replacement insoles last as long as the shoe.

Ryka's cushioning (as with all shoes) is in the shoe itself, not the inserts. Ryka's inserts are a little better than most shoes, but nowhere near the quality of replacement insoles.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.