2 month New Years Challenge Nov 21-28

lorihart

Cathlete
Good Sunday Morning,
How was everyone weekend? Not many checked in but people are to busy on the weekends (I think).I can remember when I use to come to this site ALL the time and no one was ever around on weekends.Not to mention christmas.
When I got off of work yesterday I did a 60 min run and abs.I posted on the other thread that I was going to work my UB a bit more b/c I wear alot of sleeveless shirts during the holidays.My plan is to work UB 3 x a week.That shouldn't be to hard.I will just pick the days when I have the most free time.
I wrapped ALOT of christmas gifts last night.My back was so tired near the end.I wasn't going to wrap them yet b/c I have a tendency to move things around alot,and gifts get beat up.I could be unwrapping all of them later and rewrappingx(
I got the bright idea last night to add up how much I have spent so far.Its not even sensible.$1300! Its a good thing I started in Sept.That shows how much I could be paying on my bills.
The scale as been staying the same for me.I am hoping that one day I will get up and it will drop.I know its going to be alot harder to lose 8 lbs.It use to be alot easier to lose weight.I bought a new outfit the other day and the pants were a 5 and the top was a small.I don't need my clothing size to go down BUT those love handles gotta go and they are.:)
*LOri*-Your progress as been really good.You have another month yet.I bet you can get into those size 8 pants by christmas.
*Futurefitness*-how was your weekend with your friends and how bad were you?:)
*LoriSax*-Hows the abs diet go'in?
*FitSabina*-Did you get into the swing of things yet?
*Dawn,Ruth and Kathy G*-Where are you guys?????:) :) :) If you think no one notices that your not around...your wrong.
Anyway...hope I didn't forget anyone.Im off to workout.UB and some form of cardio.
Sorry for the long post!
Lori:)

Hi Lori!! What I would do to be in a 5 again!! ;-) But regardless of size, I do know what it was like being "smaller" and wanting a certain goal and people would say things like, "you are perfect now, etc.". So I know you can do it girl!! Just keep plugging away.

As far as my week goes, I did not check in and that is solely due to the fact that I have been awful all week long regarding eating and working out. I'm dreading my weigh in tomorrow night. I was just talking to my mom on the phone and told her that I was not even gonig to go anymore because I'm just wasting my money and she really got down hard on me. I just feel that I'm a loser, and not a loser in weight coming off, but a loser as far as not sticking with this program. I can't tell you how many times over the course of the last 13 years I have tried and tried and tried. And just to think back when I first started trying, I was a size 8! lol. I know this is negative self-talk and I really need to get out of this frame of mind and get busy!

I really hope everybody has a great week!!

Kim

Good morning everybody,

Kim-I feel your pain. I have made the goal that I am not dropping out of WW until I am lifetime, I don't care if it takes me 5 years.:)

lori-you are so sweet. I can't fit back into a size 8 by the time the new year rolls around. I was having an airhead moment and I listed a long-term goal. My goals for this challenge are to fit into a size 12 without any problems. I can button some 12's now but a little tight on the bum.

Short term goal-stay on program this week until Thursday's weigh in.

Goals until New Year:
1. Stay on program
2. Fit into size 12
3. Run at least 4 times a week
4. Work out with Cathe at least 3 times a week

I love this challenge. I think I get down on myself and feel like I should be doing better, but I have lost 9 lbs. and I am exercising more consistently than ever. My biggest problem is the eating, I need some intense therapy.:)

Have a great day,
Lori

Oh Dear...sounds like we have some negative people lurking around today! As anyone seen Kim and Lori?:)
*Lori*-I miss understood your last post.I thought you were currently wearing a size 10.I think I got your pants size confused with your height you posted.I bet you can fit into a size 10 before santa comes! I know it sounds easier then what it is.Its like someone telling me that I was going to be wearing a size 1 by christmas.I know that day will never come.I don't think I ever wore a size 1,so I have no intentions of setting my goal there;)
*Kim*-Glad you checked in.I hear ya on the dieting when you were a size 8.When I was 8 lbs lighter,I wanted to be even smaller.Now I wish I was where I was back then.I think my lightest was 123 lbs.I wouldn't want to be much smaller then that, not for my bone structure.
I just finished wokring out.It was a shorter workout.I did PUB,(tri,bic,shoul& abs)then I did the cardio from S,J&P(the first segment).I may go for a small run tonight.We will see.Or maybe this will be my light day.
I have a had two kids for the last 24 hours and I can't wait for her to go home.They aren't being bad but my child is NOT listening.I think I could have threw a fit last night.She just wouldn't take no for an answer(my child) and the other one wasn't much better either.I would tell them to get ready for bed and they would start throwing a ball around.Apparently I was invisable.Now her parents are knocking in the door,the dog is going mad,and they won't answer it.(they know its them)I am sitting here in sweaty clothes and fuzzy hair...DH will have to get it.

Lori-great job on the workout. When my toddler takes a nap I am going to do PUB and run tonight (probably walk fast for 20 minutes, run 40 minutes).

Lori

Good Morning.....How is everyone??? I am feeling pretty lazy today. I am tired. I worked all day yesterday, and it was a long, busy, week. I should be showering to go to church right now, but I just have to vege today. I think today will be a rest day for me. I may go for a walk later, but other than that, no workouts. I did do Boot Camp yesterday.

My Abs Diet is going well. I had my cheat meal last night, it was so-so. I had some chips and cheese w/ taco meat. Talk to everyone tomorrow. Have a good day!!!!!!!!
Lori

Hi Everyone,
The start of another week:) I am digging out my house today and watching the Grinch at the sametime:) There are so many things that need to be cleaned and thrown out!I did the kitchen,bathroom and living room yesterday.Today I have done my daugthers room and I have started mine.So much crap built up.....
My arms are sore from yesterdays workout.My abs to.I am not sure what todays workout will be.I may not workout until after lunch.It is 10 now.I would like to do cardio and legs.
*Lori*-Do you just have to one child? I can remember working out at nap time.And then it could always get interupted b/c the nap wasn't as long as usual.Did you decide about ordering the HardCore series?
*LoriSax*-What does the ab diet consist of? I never heard of it before.
Off I go to finish the mess I have made.I am dreading doing the basement!
Lori
:)

Hi lorihart-yes I ordered the Hardcore series. YAY!! I am so excited. I posted about it on the other thread I started. I have 2 children, 19 months and 4 years. My 4 year old doesn't nap any more. When my 19 month old naps, my 4 year old can entertain himself. Usually he sits on the bed and watches me, or he watches PBSkids in the living room. I usually am guilty of not going right away to work out after I put ds to nap. Then, like you said I am in the middle of a workout and he wakes up!! I am lucky because my dh is home 4 days a week and that gives me a lot of time to workout.
You sound like you are making some good progress in your house.

I am curious to hear about the abs diet too LoriSax.

Have a great day everybody, and I will check in later.

Lori

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!! How is everyone??? Today I am going to do some UB, and maybe a little cardio. I don't know exactly what yet, I haven't decided.

The Abs Diet is alot like BFL, but a little different. It is very clean eating, and instead of having a free day, you get a free meal. I wanted to weigh myself this morning, as I have one week done, but I am going to wait until next Monday. I really do hate the scale. It does not like to go down no matter how much I work out and eat well. The worst thing is, it stays in the upper 140's. Usually always 148. I am only 5'4", and that really bothers me. I would just like to get to 135, that is not asking for much is it?? I could never weigh in the 120's, I would look like death warmed over. I do have fat on my body, it just really likes it's home and doersn't want to leave.

Oh well, I should be thankful for what I have and not always want more. Take care everyone.
Lori

Just eating my breakfast and thought I'd check the site.
*Lori*-I can remember baby sitting and thinking I could do a workout video while my neice was asleep, back in the Buns Of Steel days:) ,and I would just get the warm-up done and she would wake up.I swear the kid could live on 10 min sleep.I would be so rotted.Back to watching Barney.
*LoriSax*-I am the same height as you,maybe a little shorter, and right now I am in my high 120's.And I don't like it there.I am comfy around 125.Thats where I want to be in a few weeks.One of my friends was always overweight,then she did WW and got really small,then she had 2 kids and she still only weighs 120 lb.I don't know how she keeps it off b/c normally people who grew us bigger have a hard time staying smaller.I have never seen anyone with as much determination as her.
I haven't worked out yet.I will have to wait a little while cause I just ate a eglish muffin.
Anyhoo....I will check back later,or course,

Wow, we've been busy this morning. :) I promise to come back later when I'm at home and read everyone's posts. For now...this morning I went to the gym and did my HST Workout #9 and this evening I plan on doing Cathe's Basic Step + an Ab Hits section with planks while dinner cooks.

Kathy G

Tis I again....:) Just finished my workout.I did LL and a 55 min run.I haven't done LL very often.For some reason I thought it was going to be alot worse.The abs were tough to.I wasn't in the mood to run (or anything else for that matter) but Oprah made the time fly by.SHe sure did make alot of teachers happy today.
When do you guys think the workouts will be out? There are a few threads talking about before xmas but I can;t see that.I think it will be Jan before I get mine.I just know how long its taken before to make duplicates and it can't be that far along if they still aren't giving us a release date. Just my thoughs,

Hello again everyone! Back from New Orleans, had a great time. I wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be (worked out once, danced fast one night for 2.5 hours - that's a workout, right?) and tried to at least listen to my hunger and fullness, which went well. Had a few salads but a few poboys too. I feel smaller, actually, which I hope is a function of all the walking, but it might be due to no Cathe for a week. I really can't predict what will happen Wednesday morning on the scale. But I feel good for at least not using the weekend as an excuse to totally indulge!

No workout tonight, I'm exhausted from traveling. Hopefully tomorrow will see some Cathe cardio. Glad to be back!

futurefitness-welcome back. I am glad to hear you had a great time in New Orleans. I have been there for one of my wedding anniversaries and I loved it.

Well I just ran a 5k without stopping. I know it's only 3.2 miles but this is an accomplishment for me! I can run a while but I usually walk for one minute after I have run 10 or 20 minutes. It felt great! I have to 5k races planned for early next year. One of my goals for 2005 is to run a 10k.

I did PUB tonight after my run. Those biceps are a killer!!! I love PUB and find myself reaching for it more often. I need to mix it up a little bit!!

I can't wait until Hardcore arrives.

Lori

Hi There...
I can't sleep! I had a nap after dinner (before work), then I picked up a coffee on my way to work.I have to work at 6:30 in the morning and it is 1 nowx( Im gonna be so tired in the morning.
Futurefitness-glad your back.You probably did better then I would have.I consider dancing to be a workout.The last time I was out dancing, I sweat like crazy! The place was packed and you could barely move.Then everytime I turned around someone would be hitting on me.I was like,your talking to swaety me? Prehaps the sweat turns guys on more:) They should see me working out!
Lori-I started out running 5 k.I don't think thats 3.2 miles is it? Now I run 14 k.Which takes me 60 min.And I run a 5 min K.But 5 miles, on the treadmill takes me 55 min.Maybe your right and my treadmill is not.When I run in K its outside and miles are inside.
Anyway, I should try to get to sleep again.I will check back tomorrow.

Hi Lori,
Thanks for missing me!:) I wrote on another thread that I've been really sick & although I've been trying to workout & post on all the forums & everything, I've been about half successful. LOL

I'm going back to bed now, will post more later.

Ruth:) :( :)

Hello everyone.....I am sore today!!!! I did CTX Ub yesterday, w/ SJP cardio and abs. It was a good workout. Today I am going to do Legs & Glutes, plus one of my Firm BSS3 3's cardio.

Ruth, I hope you are feeling better.

New Orleans sounds like so much fun!!!!!!!! I have never been there. Anywhere warm and sunny sounds very appealing to me right now as I live in MI.

I do not think Hard Core will be available until after Christmas, sometime in Jan. It would be so nice if we all got that for our Christmas present, but I am still thinking Jan. Whenever, I am sure we will all be very pleased!!!!!!!!

Have a good day.
Lori

Morning everyone! Sounds like everyone is kicking butt! Lori, I definitely think 3.2 miles is an accomplishment - running that far without stopping is not something I could do! I decided in N.O. after running for a bit on the treadmill that I'm definitely going to try to add running to my workouts. I'm eager to see if the Imaxes will have made it easier to run for longer periods!

Lori (there are so many Loris!), I hope you're not right about Hardcore, but I suppose it would be better to expect January and then be surprised. I'm just hoping all the evidence of them really pushing hard right now is a sign of their desire to give Hardcore to us for Christmas!

See ya later!

Hi Everyone,
I was right.I am very sleepy.Most of the morning I was o.k but I have been up for 7 hours so its hitting me.
Ruth-Why are you sick? Is it just the cold or something? When you said you were crawling back into the bed..I was wishing it was me, even though your sick.I guess I would do anything for a bit of sleep
I guess we could always go back and find the onl threads about The BB series, or the IS and see how long it took for people to get them.I just think it will be a while yet b/c they aren't giving us a date.To tell you the truth I am fine with that.I pre-ordered mine through CkSales and they don't charge your visa until the shippment is sent.So I can't really afford to spend $300 on myself before christmas.
I am not sure what the workout will be today.I am not one bit sore from LL yesterday:-( I think I will be having a nap when I get home from work tonight.I will probably workout later tonight.
I will check back later,

Hi everybody,

I didn't work out today, I was super busy. I am home now it is 8 o'clock in the evening. My kids are in bed and I am going to go KPC and have a shower.

Lori, yeah I think 5k is 3.1 miles. I measured it out and I ran 3.2 If you started running 3.1 miles off the bat that is great! It took me 37 minutes to run 3.2 miles, a little slow, but I am proud. For the next two months before the Feb. race I am going to try to increase my distance and maybe try to pick up my pace.

I had a pretty good eating day on WW today. Had dinner at my MIL house and had 2 small pieces of lean roast beef, sweet potato, peas, part of a baked potato, and a few bites of key lime pie, then I passed over the rest of the pie to my dh. It is so hard to eat over there because there is always dessert and I feel guilty saying no because it is usually made from scratch. I was pretty proud because normally I would of ate the whole thing. I never have dessert in my house. I just don't like the temptation.

Sorry to talk so long, have a great night,

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.