11/15 Catheites Daily Challenge

rgs424

Cathlete
The challenge for 11/15 Thursday is:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

1. CHOOSE and exercise 'challenge' that is different than the ones you have done before.
2. Post in advance what your challenge will be
3. DO the challenge
4. REPORT BACK on your results

Remember a challenge can be anything..from simply just doing 10 pushups to doing an extra 30 minutes of cardio.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I usually run a mile as quickly as I can, but I will think about doing something different, and then post it.

Okay, is this acceptable as a "challenge"? I'm going to get up and run my five miles BEFORE work, instead of trying to squeeze it in after I get home from work. This means I'll be getting up at 4:45. I think that's pretty challenging.

I'm following Cathe's 4DS rotation and that's enough of a challenge for me -- I mean really -- it is. You don't understand -- it really is :p

Anyway, I don't want to stray from what I'm already doing, and I don't feel like I need to embellish it in any way. ;)

ETA that I'll be rooting for all of you, though :)

>Okay, is this acceptable as a "challenge"? I'm going to get
>up and run my five miles BEFORE work, instead of trying to
>squeeze it in after I get home from work. This means I'll be
>getting up at 4:45. I think that's pretty challenging.

Shelley,
That is the biggest challenge of all! You know what? I'M going to do that too!!! Every night before I go to bed I lay out my workout clothes and choose which workout I'm going to do before work but I NEVER am able to get up. Perfect. I will absolutely commit to working out before work tomorrow. That means getting up at 5:15 for me. Ugh. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Michele- I understand. Keep it up :)

Shelly & Allison- Wow! Just think how great you will feel at work knowing your work out is done for the day!

My challenge is Pilates class preceded by Gym Style back and biceps. this is only my second class, and I'm not in love with it yet....

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

I DID IT, I DID IT!!! I got up at the ungodly hour of 4:45 and took the dogs out, then I went for a four mile run. It was supposed to be five but I kind of misjudged how long it would take me to get moving:p Still, I'm pretty pleased. Now I can come home from work and put on my deliciously comfy yoga pants and not worry about fitting in my workout!

Good for you Shelley! Now you'll have that after workout glow all morning. If I didn't already have to get up at the ungodly hour of 4:45, I'd consider giving morning workouts a try, but I'd have to get up at 3:30. Nope, not going to do it.

Today's plan is for LIS shoulders etc. I haven't decided if I'm going to add a challenge or not. I may tack on some pikes on the ball.

See you challenged folks later.

God I suck at these challenges. Big time. Shelley--I blew it. Couldn't get my butt out of bed this morning. Ugh. Congrats on your 5am run, though! Way to go!

I guess I'll be working out at night tonight like usual. My challenge for today is BBC Arms Cardio and B&G abs. It's a challenge for me to do this cardio because it's so hard and I dread it so much. So to just get it done tonight will be a big achievement.

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I've wracked my brains to come up with a fitness challenge and just can't think of one. Oh, I can come up with some fine ideas, but I'm not allowed to do any of them yet! I guess my biggest ongoing fitness challenge is to get these injuries to heal. So I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

Alas, no workout for me today. I will be here in the office until late tonight, probably, getting a proposal out for delivery tomorrow.

BUT, if I didn't succumb to junk food, candy, and overeating yesterday, I never will. (okay, I probably will one day.) This deadline is really stressful (especially when you're waiting for idiots to give you stuff, and they don't give it to you until 3:00 in the afternoon, and the damn thing is due in less than 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x( x( x( ...but I digress). Even so,no stress eating (okay, I drank half a glass of diet Pepsi.)

Good luck to you gals, and I'll do this challenge this weekend, when I actually have time to think about it.

I usually exercise in the morning, but with today being the first day of my period, my legs ache from yesterday's lower body workout and my pleurisy acting up, I could not do it. I will try to put in a short cardio stint this evening. :(

RGS424 - I hope you feel better as the day goes on. :)

The Pilates class is really a fusion of Pilates and yoga and who knows what. But it was a good core worker. The instructor also did a complimentary ball class, which last week she advertised as upper body. I stayed for it , but it was more cardio/lower body. It as OK. There are many people who are just not strict with exercising in the class.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

>I've wracked my brains to come up with a fitness challenge
>and just can't think of one. Oh, I can come up with some fine
>ideas, but I'm not allowed to do any of them yet! I guess my
>biggest ongoing fitness challenge is to get these injuries to
>heal. So I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

Sadly, I can almost say exactly what Shannon said. But I can at least do some upper body work, so that's what I'll do today. My special challenge is to start on the exercises my PT gave me for my ankle yesterday in addition to doing some weight work. I have a killer headache right now so it might turn out to be a challenge to do anything at all. :(

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

OK, I did the sculpting that comes after the kickboxing on Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Kickbox Challenge. I even did a lot of the leg work but with the ankle trouble couldn't do as much standing on one leg stuff. I've done about half my physical therapy exercises but still have to finish those (I quit to go get my kid from the bus stop and haven't started again yet). I'm sure I'll get those done soon so I'll have at least this challenge accomplished.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

I don't think I will get ANY exercise done today ! :-(

Between my pleurisy, my first day of period, and now my banging and nauseating headache, all I really want to do is go home and curl up.

Sorry ladies...here I am posting these challenges and I can not follow through ! But reading about how you are all following through gives me lots of motivation !!

Hi Friends,
Today thus far no cardio..,.ugh. (but thankful in a guilty way)...
Had Yogurt & almonds for Bfast & for lunch had Seared Ahi, Salad & Rattatoullie (sp?) Not the new cartoon movie, but thought this would be a good share...the Rattatoullie is an all vegetable "melange".

If I were to fix it at home it would be like this:
In a pan with spray non stick would go,
Red onion
Tomato
Yellow or green squash
Egg Plant
Bell peppers
Heck just clean out all the veggies - go crazy - make alot & eat off and on for a few days!
All cut in a chunky way with S&P to taste. (maybe a little garlic too?)

Leslie

:9

Well, I managed to do the BBC arms Cardio which was a big part of my challenge--I dread that cardio soooo much. It's so hard!! I'm always dying 2 minutes into it.

I also added on combos 2,3, and the challenge from Step Blast so I got a good hour of cardio in today. Didn't get to the B&G abs but I think I'll add those on to LIS/Shoulders, calves, and core tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to work out after work (SO and I have a friend coming from out of state tomorrow evening to stay with us for the weekend) so if I'm going to work out it's going to have to be before work at 5am. Ick. That's my challenge for tomorrow--get my butt up to workout before work. That's a HUGE challenge for me. I haven't been able to workout in the A.M. for 2 years because of horrible sleeping problems. (I have severe obstructive sleep apnea--aka I never sleep). It's a challenge to get up to go to work, never mind get up even earlier to work out. We'll see how I do!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.