*WD* ( a doubting Thomas)

Francine

Cathlete
Hi Sue! I know this sounds "crazy "but firstly please don't get offended"! This should be taken as a *TOTAL COMPLIMENT ONLY*! I was soo impressed with your pic and knowing that you are in your 50's is totally inspiring to me! I showed your pic to my hubby and said here's my new role model--can you believe she's 50! He was like NO WAY! I was like yeah I know she's awesome--he said "No, she is not for real! She put her head on that body or did computer imaging!She's too perfect" Is that a trip or what? He thinks your a cutout from a carnival or amusement park! The only thing that I don't believe is that you don't compete or enter a contest--You should really consider doing a success story for Collage video or bowflex! I hope you post more pics during the holiday! I'd love to see your family! Thanks again for proving that you can be that fit at any age! Once again I hope you found this amusing not offensive! Your friend in fitness~~Francine

I hope WD is not offended as well because I too showed my hubby your picture and he was like, "No way! 50!?" And I said, "can you say~hello role model!?" Although we all don't have the same genetics, and it may not be possible for us all to look like WD at 50, just knowing that my body will still work with me to come close is motivation enough!
It takes me back to the JLC article and why I objected so much to "settling for saddlebags" just because "this is what happens when you get in your 40's" Obviously, with some determination and sweat, it doesn't have to!

And Francine~you're quite the picture of motivation yourself there! Your picture almost got my hubby slapped out his chair! :)

Donna

Fitness~It's a journey, not a race!

Hey Donna! Thanks for the compliment! I was debating whether or not to write this because you never know if somethings will be taken out of text or not! This was purely meant as a compliment because I am soo proud of that pic and all the "hard work and dedication" it stands for ! I just had to share this disagreement that we had! I also should of added that the only exercise my darling doubting thomas husband gets is working his biceps from hoisting a few beers!(hehe) So go figure! Take care!Your friend in fitness~~Francine

Where is WD's picture? I need all the motivation I can get. And yes, Francine, I agree with Donna! You are a great inspiration, also! Actually, everyone on here is great motivation!

Linda

You me and everyone else.

I copied out her rotations and I will be incorporating them into my own work outs. She uses a lot of Cross Train series, which I don't have, but I have ordered Intensity so I will mix it with that.

And let me tell you WD works HARD!!!!!

Yen

They are under WD re: your rotation.

It's somewhere on the Open Discussion forum. It's not very old so you will be able to find it if you scroll back a page or two.

Yen

I must confess! I too am skeptical of WD's picture! Please don't get mad at me or attack me personally! I am a lurker and not a poster and feared to make this statement! I thoroughly enjoy reading from the educated crowd and have learned soo much through you all! You are all amazing human beings! It would be a bummer to find out that this pic is a scam! I'm not alone with this thinking, I showed Wd's pic to my coworkers and we are all in agreement( one slight possibility that her face could be paler due to makeup) but would love to see a more realistic pic in a realistic environment-nothing cut around the edges! Sorry Sue, I hope you make a believer out of me and my coworkers ! You will be inserting alot of foots in people's mouths including mine for doubting you!( If this is for real--I apologize bigtime--how can I make this up to you?)

Speaking on behalf of Sue.

Have you tried her work out regime? Why don't you give those a go and see what you get? I don't think that it is impossible to look like that at any age, if you have the time to spend on it as she does.

Sue works out for 1.5 to 2.5 hours a day! I only ever do 1 - 1.5 (on weekends). Now, I will see if I can squeeze in another cardio as well as weights and see what results I get. She has also been dedicated to exercise for 18 years and she has a full gym at home.

I personally don't know Sue, but I know if you have all those equipment and time to spend on yourself, you would expect to see great results.

Yen

Hi Yen! I aplogize in advance to ALL of you for stirring this up! I'm only human and voicing my opinion honestly! Of course we may all disagree on this but if there is anyone else out there who thinks the pic looked alil strange at first please chime in!I do beleive that it is possible to work that hard and look that good! Her workouts are crucial! Not doubt there! I'm only doubting the picture ! It wasn't real to me that's all!

Yep, me too

I really hate to go here, but...

I think it's fake. I think the rotation is fake, too. Having spent lots of time weight lifting in gym and at home over the last 11 years, I can tell you that IMHO it's not real. It actually takes more than what she says she does to look like that. My husband is a trainer in a sports performance facility -- he says "no way." Francine is real -- that much I can tell.

And I can't wait to hear how much fun all of you have trying to do "Sue's" endurance rotation.

RE: Yep, me too

OK, I'll get into the discussion too. I also think WD's photo is fake, but Francine's photo is real. WD's face doesn't match up with the body at all - it's off center.

Francine, how did YOU get that body? Amazing!

Laura

RE: Yep, me too

I could always be wrong of course, but it looks fake to me too. And my husband, who came up with that opinion with no prompting.
Francine, you look FABULOUS!! You don't need to envy anyone else's look! What's your secrets?
:)

Hate to say it...

...but I'm a skeptic too. I don't doubt that you can most certainly have an incredible body at age 50, that's not my issue. Age does show itself in many ways, and I've never met a 50 year old with that type of smooth, young-looking skin in my life (hope noone takes offense at that, but there is a difference between 25 yr old and 50 yr old skin). The body skin tone & hue does not come anywhere near matching that of the face... I even thoughtit looked strange before I even knew Sue's age.

If I'm wrong, you can all throw rotten tomatoes at me while I put my foot in my big mouth. But sadly I just don't think so.

RE: Hate to say it...

I am going to jump in here & go out on a limb. I DO know 50 year old women with skin that smooth. Those women take care of themselves & their bodies. Maybe she puts a towel over her face when tanning--I've seen it done.

If her head is "pasted" on to that body, why is the hair perfect on her shoulders? I've met Francine--live, up close & personal!--that' is truly her. But if I were going to suggest anyone's picture isn't real, it would be her's because her hair is up & it would be easier to morph that photo.

The other thing to think about is that Sue did say she's been working out for 17 years. People that have been consistent with working out for that long do have the stamina to do harder workouts than we "newbies."

As for her workout--THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL you could get me to try that one. I thought about it, not in one "sitting." I do workout about an hour & a half a day--30 to 40 minutes of cardio in the AM & then 30 to 40 minutes of weight training at night. She's got the time & energy--God Bless Her!

And finally, I have to say from one that likes to shake things up a bit--I'm so glad to see a topic of this level of controversy here on Cathe's site. We're usually so nice to each other it freaks me out!!!! So, carry on you "nay" sayers!

http://www.mindundermuscle.com/forum/MexWave.gif

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

I've always been hesitant to post a picture of myself, and this convinces me that I've been right NOT to do it! Ye gods, I'm 53 - I can't imagine what y'all would be saying about me!

Please, ladies, show some kindness! Have any of you heard of Cory Everson? She is no young chick, and most of you would die to look like her.

Just Do It! :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-02 AT 05:30PM (Est)[/font][p]http://1ww.us/z/Us.jpg
Francine this is a picture of my husband and I at the Cowboy Hall of Fame not that long ago. Thanks for your great compliments. I can hardly think of myself as perfect. My DH says I am. As for a success story I think others are far more qualified for that. My success story is 30 years of marriage, three loving kids and five wonderful grandkids.
Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.