"Full Time" after the 1st-LONG!!

martijean1

Cathlete
Ok....I'm REALLY nervous!!!

I've been in real estate for the past 4 years, and have decided that I'm going "back" into the work force...Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job and have a very steady income, but I'm missing a something...Before real estate, I was in retail management...I loved the thought of training, recruiting, promoting (I know, with it comes firing, hiring, and demoting)...I was offered a district manager position with an outlet retailer...And took it...I think it's the right move...My real estate license will stay active...That side is pretty steady (I have at least 2 closings a month with referral and repeat clients, about 15 hours a month)...It's just going to be strange to work "out" of the house again...

My friends think I'm crazy to have a "real" job again...I need to get out of the house!!!

MJ

RE:

Whatever works for you, MJ!

There are people who are better-suited to "work from home" and those who prefer a traditional "away from home" job.

GO FOR IT!

What's the worst that will happen? You won't like it so you give your notice and go back to real estate! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! :+

RE:

My realtor is soo peppy and active. I don't think I could do that type of job. I am sooo not a people person. I would rather be stocking some shelf than having to deal w/ people. I did apply to work at the new wal-mart going up. I haven't worked in almost 13 years. I did clean 2 apartments every 2 weeks for a while, but I did one for free because she hurt her back and the other was the guy upstairs. I wish I had some kind of goal when I was younger and still in school. Maybe I would have gone to college. I am now learning sign language to help Isaac communicate and also teaching my 2 oldest (Caleb and Sarah) to learn Spanish.

MJ- Maybe you can make all your appointments on the weekends. My realtor has some couples that can only look on Saturdays. She pulls a whole bunch of houses off the MLS (that meets their needs)and starts driving them around. You guys really work for your money. My husband was pretty picky about the house we got. She was such a trooper and stuck w/ him until he finally took that step and got it.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.