WW and Cathe - Your Leanest Rotation

Pollytc

Cathlete
Hello all. I was wondering.....for those of you who do WW and Cathe, what workout combination/rotation followed with WW did you feel gave you the "leanest" results? Now, I really know that diet is a major key, so please, don't preach that (I don't mean for that to sound snotty, but seems like sometimes when you ask a question it gets more revolved around the eating issue which I think most of us already know about than the initial question). My main curiosity is just what worked for each person best (and I realize we all have different bodies), but I just want a feel for your "leanest" rotations.

Thanks so much!!!!

Kim

Hey Kim
I originally lost 23 pounds with WW and Cathe. I gained about 10 back between this summer and Christmas. I am doing it online again and have lost 5 with 5 more to go to get at the weight I want to maintain. I find that when I follow WW strictly during the week, I can cheat on the weekends and still lose as long as I'm doing my Cathe workouts. So far it has not depended on the rotation. Just thought I would encourage you that WW and Cathe does work for me at least! Oh yes, I do eat some of my activity points every day and I think that has helped me a lot as I can get hungry during the week if I only eat 20 points. Good luck! Hopefully others will have specific rotations to post. I too would be curious to know!:7

I found that the Pyramids were the ones that leaned me out the most. I became lifetime last June and have maintained since then. Last spring I did the Pyramids for 5 weeks and got lots of comments on how cut I was getting.

I am 42, with two kids and lost 35 pounds in about 6 months on WW.

Hi Kim, I've been on maintenance for almost four months now, and I've found the Pyramids and Slow & Heavy series, combined with Imax2 and Boot Camp are the Cathe workouts that seem to serve me the best. I'm not really counting points anymore, but I haven't slipped back into "bad" habits either. I find when I incorporate those specific workouts into my rotations, I can eat whatever I want (while making healthy choices of course!) and maintain my weight. I'm also getting great results in terms of building muscle with the Slow & Heavy series!! Whatever you decide to put into your individual rotations, I wish you the best of luck!!

Carol
:)

Thanks everybody for your stories. Well.......I'm not giving up....starting yet once again on this journey!! I am so excited about getting back into all my workouts, so I think I'm not going to follow any particular rotation for about the first month. I figure this way I can have fun getting back into workouts and then once I'm into it, bet into rotations. I did see a recent post of a suggested rotation for fat loss, muscle development that I would like to maybe try. It's the PS series alternated with cardio on opposite days, then an endurance type workout. I'm going to take everybody's thoughts into consideration and I'm sure I'll have a million rotations lined up when I'm ready to follow one!! lol. Thanks again!!!

Kim

Kim....I think all of use get off track sometimes. I never thought I would...but 2003 was a bad year for me. Started in March, and I've just gotten back into it. Not a WW but a Zoney! I have felt so good the last 3 weeks and that is the payment of getting back on track. I prefer the Pyramids and Slow & Heavy myself. More like the weightlifting I was doing before I got bored. Then got Cathe's latest 2 series to get out of my rut...and these forums have helped ALOT. So, don't give up and keep pushing...:)...Carole

Thanks, Carole!! I figure if I keep trying, I'll eventually get it right!!! ;-) For somer reason, hearing what people did to get where they are at today always gives me inspiration!

Kim

I don't know much about WW, but I am proud that I have been able to maintain my ideal weight within about 5 lbs. throughout my thirties and forties despite having been an obese teen. Heavy weight training with Slow & Heavy has been great for me. As for other factors, I'll give you 2 of my simplest weight secrets:

1. Get as much sleep as you can. Research shows that your brain produces chemicals that keep you thin while you're sleeping, so never sacrifice sleep to work out! Also, inadequate sleep causes you to crave sweets and other not-so-healthy choices. Some people tell me I'm lazy because I sleep so much, but I'm healthier and thinner than all of them. }( I believe I will have the last laugh.

2. Consume large quantities of calcium. Research is still in its infancy, but I personally believe that they will ultimately find that a calcium-rich diet allows you to eat more without gaining weight. I think I'm a testament to the Ice Cream diet myself. It's the one sweet I can't resist. So, drink your milk! (Skim, of course :) )

Hope this helps.

Hi Kim,

I've only done Cathe for 3-4 months now, but I would definitely have to say the interval workouts have done wonders for me. I have a little baby girl just 7 weeks old, so I'm still working to get back into shape from the pregnancy. I'm amazed at how quick I've recovered, and I'm already back (and actually a little under)my pre-pregnancy weight (I didn't gain too much extra, but still), and only a few pounds from my final goal. I credit much of it to the interval workouts, I do Imax 1 or 2 at least once, ideally twice a week (though I've been able to do them without too many modifications for just a few weeks now). At least for me they have proven to be worth their splendid reputation, and I'm amazed at how much I actually enjoy doing them (tell me that in the middle of interval 9 in Imax2...:D ).

Maria S

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.