Wow People are complaining

It is IMPOSSIBLE to please everybody. Most of us love Cathe, and I haven't done anything except her in two years. I love every video she puts out, and I hope she continues to put out great videos.
Lori

They're just upset over the length of these tapes & according to the descriptions they claim that Cathe isn't delivering according to what she stated in the descriptions. I for one am NEVER disappointed in what Cathe delivers. She's the only instructor that I've found that can really work my muscles to failure. I do respect, however, everyones opinions but I really feel they should view these tapes first before commenting. Just my opinion, Kathy:D

PS: I also feel that this thread posted here doesn't have any merit & should never have been posted.:(

PS: I also feel that this thread posted here doesn't have any merit & should never have been posted.:(

SORRY u feel that way Kathy D .. but i have been a member of Videofitness for along time .. and there a a lot of valid comments there... I can not comment on their complaints until i get my DVD's
I luv Most of Cathe videos... ..

This is much ado about nothing, IMHO

Hi iamfirmin!

Chill out, buddy. I don't think you need to worry about these videos being typical Cathe -- if you're used to Cathe and have been buying her videos for a while. What's become "typical" for Cathe is raising the bar for herself and for us with every new series. That seems to me to be a natural evolution for Cathe herself and for us. And I think Cathe and SNM have been very clear with us that these new videos will continue that trend. I no longer expect that I'll necessarily be able to complete a new Cathe video comfortably until I've worked on it for a while. Personally, I believe that's a great thing. The other evolution that's clearly happened at Cathe.com is that they've continued to innovate in the DVD field. No one else offers the creatively-chaptered and mixed DVD's she does, and with the new "Workout Blender" I think we DVD buyers are all going to be delirious. :)

So what Cathe means to me, now, is consistently more difficult and creative fitness challenges and consistently more exciting DVD's that offer me tons of choices for my own personalized, ADVANCED EXERCISER workout. That may well not be everybody's cup of tea, but then Cathe has never claimed to offer products that appeal to everybody. Let's be fair to her here.

I understand the gripes at VideoFitness. But here's the thing: If you had not already ordered the Blast series, you could look at the descriptions, behind-the-scenes pictures, Q&A posts from Cathe and SNM and (soon) video clips, and all of that info would give you an accurate view of what these latest products are. Then you'd decide whether they suited your own lifestyle and workout preferences -- or not. It's that simple.

You've pre-ordered, I know. And pre-ordering does involve some risk -- it's a leap of faith, and what if you don't like the workouts? IMHO, that's the only risk you're running and it's no big deal. Trust me, if you don't like these DVD's, you can sell them on e-Bay in a heartbeat, probably for exactly what you paid for them since you'll get yours right away. There are ALWAYS Cathe buyers out there.

Just my two cents' worth, take it or leave it.:)

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

RE: This is much ado about nothing, IMHO

I am chilling... I am very happy with Cathe although I trade her step workouts.. THAT IS BECAUSE I HATE THE STEP :7

I no i will be satisfied.. I am doing Slow and Heavy right now!
I CANT WAIT TO GET THE NEW DVD'S I LUV KICKBOXING!

THANKS KATHY FOR YOUR INPUT

You're very welcome -- love your attitude. Chill pills are good things, every time. With all else going on in the world, we all ought to put this stuff into perspective. :)

I do think some of the VF crew posted thoughtful comments and I hope they'll post over here at Cathe's suggestions forum. I've always thought Cathe and Chris do a nice job of listening, responding and trying to balance everyone's interests.

Well, while I can mabe understand being upset at a workout you thought would be 60+ mins long only being 45, one should remember that not everyone has 70 min to workout. I love the shorted workouts for days when kids are sick, or other times I'm crunched for time.
And when you preorder, you take a risk of getting something that you will hate. I found that out with the FitPrime preorder. Preordered the first 7, and didn't really like any of them. That's a risk one takes to get the cheeper price.
As for me, the descriptions we are getting now that the workouts have been filmed, sound like they are gonna be worth the wait.

I agree! She is still the best in my book.. i did tris& bis and the sun is out in the burgh --- I AM GOING TO THE BIKE TRAIL !!!YAAAA

>I do think some of the VF crew posted thoughtful comments and
>I hope they'll post over here at Cathe's suggestions forum.
>I've always thought Cathe and Chris do a nice job of
>listening, responding and trying to balance everyone's
>interests.

I think that at VF, members are open to comments, both positive and negative, about instructors and workouts, especially since they...we, as I am one...do a variety of instructors and workouts. I doubt that these criticisms will be posted here, as VFers feel there is much less tolerance here for criticims of Cathe's workouts, not by Cathe and S&M, but by a few posters who are self-appointed defenders of all that is Cathe. (Ducking for cover, now!)

Kathryn, you took the words right out of my mouth. That is why I try not to post anything that can be viewed as negative here. Someone is ready to behead you for being a heretic if you do. However, I very rarely have anything bad to comment because I enjoy almost all of her workouts, but it is a shame that if I did say something that I would probably be attacked.

Kathryn and Kristi --

Gosh, Kathryn and Kristi, what you say is distressing to me and I'll bet it would be to Cathe.

I think that at this or any other forum dedicated to one instructor's work you're naturally going to find less balance, for lack of a better word, in the opinions voiced. After all, these forums are populated for the most part by really devoted fans. We don't pretend to be truly objective and most of us are quite biased in Cathe's favor. We love her videos AND we have come to admire and love what we know about her as a fine, lovely woman. So no, we're not objective. But I didn't make the remarks that you quoted lightly. As far as I'm concerned, neither you nor anyone else has ANY reason at all to duck for cover on Cathe's forums. And I don't think I say that naively. I've been a forum regular here since the site opened and I think very highly of the quality of commentary on Cathe's site. In my experience most forum regulars are tolerant and respectful of the opinions of people who aren't as devoted to Cathe. Flame wars are pretty rare, are absolutely not welcome and tend to be extinguished quickly by the members or by SNM. That is certainly the atmosphere and attitude that Cathe plainly tries to foster. I really hope that you and anyone else who has a less-than-thrilled or less-than-positive comment to make about Cathe's videos will feel free to comment here, and perhaps in so doing generate some useful discussion that Cathe could (and I'm sure will) use to plan future workouts. I believe that is exactly what Cathe herself would want you to do.

I've also been a VF lurker and occasional poster for an equally long time -- in fact, that's where I "found" Cathe. I agree with your observations about VF and I think the quality of commentary on the VF forum is one of the best things about the whole site (which is terrific). So I say again, I hope those VF members who have Cathe experience and who posted such valid and valuable comments will come over here and post, too.

I understand why some negative comments would not be 'as welcome' here since this is Cathe's territory. Of course, it's mainly due to all the poster are her fans... as I am one too. Probably constructive crisitism can only be found if you are outside your circles?

I also see their point that the workouts are not exactly as described in the pre-order (though I have not compared them thoroughly). I, for one, enjoys ALL Cathe workouts. I have all of her DVDs. I am just hoping she will continue to make more as this is my only source of exercise, esp with weights/strength as I HATE/LOATHE to do gym-style exercise on my own. Without Cathe I doubt I will ever touch a dumbell on a regular basis.

Of course, here's a positive Cathe thread VF (which I think is definitely true):
http://205.214.68.83/vbulletin/show...1dc4fefe8bbe97&threadid=36008&highlight=cathe

Cathe, I know I will enjoy whatever workout you comes out with!

I love cathe but am disappointed.I was hoping for a more strength workout with the push pull workout and it sounds mostly like a endurance workout;( .I think the pub and plb could have been so much better if they went slower and maybe split the pub up.I hate the pyrmids because of the endurance factor.But I am sure I will love most of the workouts:7

This is very distressing to me....

But, what I want to point out to those who are comparing the pre-order description to the actual description is that it has always been my understanding that the pre-order descriptions are estimates of what the workout will be, as Cathe will be re-tooling the workouts during rehearsals, etc. I thought SNM and Cathe had always made this clear. ??? I accept that and I trust Cathe to provide a workout as has been essentially described.

I will be the first to shout from the rooftops that IMO, Cathe is the best fitness instructor out there. Is it her "greatness" that makes people hold her to the standard of "pleasing all the people, all the time"? I don't get it.

I agree w/Lori. You CAN'T please everyone. I just wanted to add that I have NEVER been disappointed with a Cathe workout. I admire her and think she is an honest and smart business woman.

I don't know of any other video instructor that asks his/her public what type workouts they'd like to see. Cathe is "in-tune" with her following and obviously cannot accommodate everyone's request.

I'm really unphased by the comments.

Keep up the good work Cathe :)

ditto, ditto, ditto....

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif[/img]

People piss me off! Cathe can't please everyone, she is only a human being.I can understand that poeple want her to make low impast videos b/c they can't do high impact...but HELLOOOOOOO, she doesn't want to enter that market.Hasn't she said this a million times already.
Obviuosly we have all bought videos form various instructors.Chances are, if it didn;t workout..(no pun intended:) )or if we didn't like the instructor then you just don't buy their videos again.
I have bought Karen Voight videos.Done them once and given them away.I then didn't get on a forum and complain that I wished she would up her intensity to suit my needs.The world doesn't revolve around me and I don't expect everyone to make something that I am going to want to buy.
It take alot to get my blood boiling, but when someone complains about the best instructor int he world, thats when I get mad.x(
Can't help but take it personnally when you see someone everyday.I spend more time with Cathe then I do my husband:p
Lori

>People specifically requested that the Pyramids be faster
>than Slow & Heavy and slower than Pure Strength.

And they aren't, are they?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.