Workouts using the High Step

MDolfiniReed

Cathlete
This week, I exercised to a Cathe dvd that uses the high step. Here was my 6-day schedule
Supersets (no high step)
High step advanced training
Push pull and core max segment 1
High step circuit and core max segment 2
High step challenge
Pyramid lower body and core max segment 3

I kicked up the high step circuit workout by upping the weights. I have to say that I find the routines that use the high step to be quite challenging. I first purchased HSAT a few months ago and have done that workout the most, so I feel most comfortable with it, although I groan through all those dang leg presses on the high step and all those push-up variations. I recently added HS Circuit and HS Challenge to my collection and had not done those before, so I thought it would be fun to do a week of workouts that use the high step. There is something about these workouts that really get me good.

I have a number of other Cathe dvds that use the high step (BC and ME and Hardcore Extreme to name two) that I hope to add to the repetoire some day soon. I'm wondering how others have incorporated the High Step workouts into their weekly or monthly rotations.
~Michelle

Hi Michelle:

I absolutely adore the HS! I am sidelined for a bit dealing with some knee issues, but you can bet once I am cleared to do those workouts again I will be adding them back in very frequently! I guess I like them because I started working out with The Firm and the fanny lifter, then to the Transfirmer, so that's what I have done the most BC (Before Cathe :))... but I do LOVE the way they target the glutes, hamstrings and thighs (my extra trouble areas). I need to someday get the HS Challenge, but love Circuit AND Training!

I tried to do them at least once a week when I was able to do them, and substituded those workouts for Cathe's regular step routines when doing her rotations as I actually LOATHE the regular step workouts (2 left feet and SO uncoordinated when it comes to that sorta stuff!)

So, you are not alone in your enthusiasm for HS! :)

Try Leg Press Mania

Legs and Glutes has a pre-mix titled Leg Press Mania -- it inserts two extra rounds of Leg Presses (for a total of 3 rounds or 6 sets). I love this pre-mix, and didn't notice it for several years until someone mentioned it on one of these threads!

I also love HSTA and Muscle Endurance!

Another dvd that uses the high step is Cross Train Express. Cathe uses it on Leaner Legs for, you guessed it, leg presses, sit and stands, and lunges. I did this one today and I've got to say, I'd rather do leg presses and and sit and stands than those lunges with the back leg on the hs (with 3 risers). I can hear Cathe now: quit your whining.
~Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.