What's up with the CTX Upper Body Split?

mklap

Cathlete
I have the VHS version, so I don't have the bonus upper body work that's on the DVD. It comes up on January's rotation for tomorrow. What's an acceptable substitute? How long is the Upper Body routine? Am I deficient in some way because I have it on VHS? Should I switch to DVD? I've always been happy with my VHS until now. All of a sudden there's this bonus that I don't have. Anyway.....I could do Pure Strength or Slow and Heavy. I'd just like to know what would be a good substitute and what muscle groups she works. Like it matters.....I could probably work whatever I want and I won't fall apart.

Thanks!
Melissa
:) :) :)

Hi Melissa.

I just did the upper body split from ctx last night. WHOA, THAT'S a work out!}( lol She does back, chest, shoulders, bis and tris...and it is very thorough! I imagine any complete upper body work out would be a perfectly fine substitute. I think this work out is like 45 minutes long or maybe even an hour. I'm not positive though. Anyway, like you said, I'm sure whatever you choose as a substitute will be fine.

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~
Due Date: 5/19/05

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Hi Melissa,

At first I didn't understand your question but I am guessing you have the full CTX series and not just the upper body. I went and bought the CTX - upper body on VHS and enjoy it. I don't do it often but it is a very thorough upper body workout. She takes each section that is on the series tapes and puts it together as one workout. Another way to do it if you have the series is to cue each tape up to the weight part and you would have your workout. I know it is more work because of switching tapes but it is a suggestion.

She works the muscles in this order:

Back
Chest
Shoulders
Bis
Tris

Hope this helps,
Rhonda

I only have the CTX VHS too, and I do it by queueing up the tapes like Rhonda describes. It's a pain, but I don't want to buy the DVD or the tape. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

DVD chaptering - Cathe Friedrich : Cross Train Xpress (CTX)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapters

DISC #1

Power Circuit
2.2 - warm up (4:30)
2.3 - lo-impact (3:15)
2.4 - hi-impact (4:00)
2.5 - step circuits (10:15)
2.6 - kickbox circuits (11:00)
2.7 - back (13:00)
2.8 - planks (5:30)
2.9 - abs (5:15)
2.10 - stretch (3:15)

10-10-10
3.2 - warm up (6:00)
3.3 - kickbox (5:15)
3.4 - hi-lo (8:15)
3.5 - step (10:15)
3.6 - triceps (11:45)
3.7 - stretch (3:15)

All Step
4.2 - warm up (5:45)
4.3 - step aerobics (22:00)
4.4 - shoulders (10:00)
4.5 - abs (9:30)
4.6 - stretch (5:30)

Step & Intervals
5.2 - warm up (8:30)
5.3 - step aerobics (10:15)
5.4 - intervals (10:45)
5.5 - chest (10:00)
5.6 - stretch (5:30)

DISC #2

Leaner Legs
2.2 - warm up (2:45)
2.3 - leg work (32:45)
2.4 - abs (8:45)
2.5 - stretch (4:30)

Kickbox
3.2 - warm up (9:00)
3.3 - kickbox (15:15)
3.4 - arm drills (7:15)
3.5 - biceps (10:45)
3.6 - abs/planks (12:00)
3.7 - stretch (5:45)

All Abs (35:30 total)
A compilation of all 4 abs segments.
4.1 - from All Step (9:30)
4.2 - from Leaner Legs (8:45)
4.3 - from Kickbox (12:00)
4.4 - from Power Circuit (5:15)

Upper Body Split (55:45 total)
5.1 - back (13:00)
5.2 - chest (10:00)
5.3 - shoulders (10:00)
5.4 - triceps (11:45)
5.5 - biceps (10:45)

Menus

Menus on both discs show 4 titles each on the main menu. Below each are the options: "play entire program" or "chapters." Pressing "menu" while any workout is running will send you to the chapter selections for that title.

In my Cathe's catalog : warm up 5/12, back 12 1/2 min, chest 10 min, shoulders 10 min, biceps 10 min and triceps 12 min, and 3 1/2 min stretch. I am talking about the vhs. There is no stretch and warm up in my dvd.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.

:) :)

A bonus of using the tapes versus the DVD: the time it takes to manually switch the tapes gives your arms a rest before being put back into the toaster oven.

Sandra

Melissa:

just to clarify. There is no "bonus" involved with the CTX upper body split as enjoyed by those who own the CTX upper body split VHS tape or the CTX series on DVD.

If you have the series on VHS, then you have the same as we have. The only difference is the question of ease of access to the exercises.

We are good to go, but you have to queue them up as Mogambo does.

So, now you know, you do not need a substitute!

HOwever, if you cannot be bothered to do the "ff" and "rewind" prep, then you could use the upper body portion of MIS or PUB as good subs.

Clare

Just for the record, she does sell the Upper Body workout for CTX on a separate VHS if you want to purchase it. It's the same workout as the bonus on the DVD, only it has the warm-up from All Step. The CTX UB bonus on DVD doesn't have a warm-up.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.