What tapes to buy that are super intense?

Hi, Im new to this forum, and just to give you a little background I've been looking for some new home fitness tapes, and from videofitness, I discovered Cathe, and I must say from reading EVERY review of all her tapes, it looks like this is what I am looking for. However, I am so confused on what tape to buy, I workout at the gym every day, I do step aerboics,
kickboxing, etc. and weightlifting, so by all means I am not new
to working out, I would greatly appreciate someone telling me what tape is superintense with a complete body
body workout. Like I said, Im familar with step routines, etc. so I would like people's opinions of which ones of cathe's tapes is the most intense. Eventually I would love to get a lot of her tapes, but $$$ is always a factor. Thank you for all your help.

Also, I need to purchase a step and every where I go they don't have them anymore, does anyone know of where I can get one on-line that doesn't cost a lot.

lori

Interval Max is very intense. It will definitely get your heart rate up. The step choreography is easy, too. It will get you in shape fast!

RE: The Intensity Trifecta

Interval Max (as has already been said) - far and away the most intense cardio tape on the market

Body Max (a close second; includes muscle endurance work as well)

Maximum Intensity Cardio (hi/lo segment; step segment)

Warning: you'll NEVER have enough Cathe videos to satisfy!

Annette

My favorites for intensity are BodyMax and Maximum Intensity Cardio. For BodyMax, you will need some weights, though - your whole body will definitely feel worked out after completing this workout. MIC starts out low impact, but quickly moves to some very intense hi/lo and then a step section with a tough intensity blast at the end - it's great!!
I really don't think you can go wrong with any of Cathe's videos, though - they are all pretty tough!
Erica

RE: The Intensity Trifecta

Thanks, I have all the equipment (weights, etc.) I just need to find a step, So I take it, its a toss up between Interval Max and Body Max, its going to be a tough choice! I just want to make sure that it has a great cardio, etc. I like to feel the "burn" and "sweat".

In addition to the other ones mentioned, I find Circuit Max very intense. Maybe it's because I use a 35 lb. barbell for the weight segments. I'm always wiped out after this tape.

All the video recommendations are wonderful!

As far as the step...a good full size step is going to cost anywhere from 50.00 - 80.00. I got mine at Target but you may want to call around to a new and used sporting goods place to see if they have any. Also, check ebay.

Good luck

http://www.fitmomsonline.com/allisig1.gif
Mommy to Zachary, Jillian and Baby Katie due February 24, 2002​

I agree with everybody - Interval Max or Body Max. I have not done MIC, but it does look pretty intense. Interval Max is interval training, and Body Max is circuit training. You can't go wrong with any of Cathe's tapes. I have always enjoy Power Max too.

As far as for step, I recommend getting a large step, either Reebok or the Original Health Club Step. It's a good investment, and you definitely need it for Cathe's tapes. You could get a full size Original Step around $65-70 at www.fitness1st.com or www.fwonline.com. Good Luck!

Haslina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.