What to get with my 20% off!

lightening16

Cathlete
Hey Everyone

I am sure that this gets asked alot but considering the selection of new cardio that I will be getting with the STS cardio and the other DVD's that I own now I want to know from the cathelete's what they recommend. I am very new to Cathe and I have not done any of her other weight workouts... even the ones I own because I bought them while doing STS.

So I have STS weights, 4DS, IMAX2+Cardio Weights, and Cardio Fusion. So far I love all the cardio workouts... even though I am pretty lost on the step stuff.

I guess I was thinking about Core Max, or Butts and Guts. I would love peoples suggestions.

Thanks
Heather

Hi Heather,

I'm not a stepper so here is what I recommend:

Drill Max - The step is used for all drill work (easy to follow).
High Step Challenge
High Step Training Advanced
Pyramid Series
Gym Style Series
Muscle Endurance/Boot Camp

I have Core Max and Butts and Guts. Both of them are great workouts too!

You have a hard task in front of you!! :)

Are you looking for more weight work, cardio, or just ab work?

For variety of cardio you may want to try KPC/Legs & Glutes. KPC is easy to catch on, pretty low impact, and a lot of fun. You already have a lot of Drill Max footage from Cardio Fusion so I"m not sure how useful it would be for you to get Drill Max.

Between Core Max and Butts and Gutts, I would choose B&G. I like the ab work in STS Ab Circuits better than Core Max.

What would you get?

I was also going to start a thread asking what to get!! :p I know I want to get cardio workouts, but I don't know what. I love step, and I'd like to maybe get some more of those. I honestly only have Cathe's Basic Step + Body Fusion as far as step workouts go - the rest that I have are Amy Bento's. I also have Kick Max, Core Max, Butts & Guts, Gym Style Series, Muscle Max, and STS. What would you get? I've been looking at Low Max for a couple of days - the idea of a low impact workout seems appealing since I don't have any. Or maybe KPC? I'm very open to any ideas or suggestions! TIA!! :D

So many to pick from!

I have been watching all the you tube videos trying to compare all the workouts. I am very new to Cathe workouts but now that I have found them I love them. I started running a couple years ago and stopped seeing results so this summer I tried a Jari Love video and then I found the STS advertisement.

I have never done any of the rotations but have been doing the cardio from IMAX 2, Cardio Fusion and 4DS but I have not done any of the weight work.
Maybe I have enough but the more I look at them the more I would like to try them out.

Low Max looks like it would be really good. The more I look at the Core Max DVD I think most of the moves are on the ABS circuit. I don't think that getting more martial arts would be wise as we will be getting so much with the shock cardio.

I thought though that B&G's might be good to put in once a week with STS to give the legs an extra hit in the future. Note I said in the future as right now I don't think they could handle it!

I feel like a kid in candy shop with X amount of money. Right now I am thinking Low Max and B&G's. But if there is one that would be a good circuit type one that might be good too.

I did the 4DS kickboxing this morning again and loved it one more time!

Thanks for the input! Do I want cardio or weights... I don't know. I really like to run but when the weather is bad or my husband is away (two little kids) then having cool workouts at home are great. Today I did both ran and did a DVD.... Okay now I am officially babbling.
Heather

I was also going to start a thread asking what to get!! :p I know I want to get cardio workouts, but I don't know what. I love step, and I'd like to maybe get some more of those. I honestly only have Cathe's Basic Step + Body Fusion as far as step workouts go - the rest that I have are Amy Bento's. I also have Kick Max, Core Max, Butts & Guts, Gym Style Series, Muscle Max, and STS. What would you get? I've been looking at Low Max for a couple of days - the idea of a low impact workout seems appealing since I don't have any. Or maybe KPC? I'm very open to any ideas or suggestions! TIA!! :D

Christy, if you like step, I highly recommend Imax2/Cardio & Weights DVD. The music is great and it's a lot of fun. Imax2 is pretty high impact though. Low Max is good also. You can also get LIC and do the cardio premix alone. It is one of my favorite workouts.

I ditto that

I hadn't done step in a long time but I really liked IMAX 2!
Cardio fusion seems to get you a little of everthing, so it's good too.

Heather

Thanks!!

Christy, if you like step, I highly recommend Imax2/Cardio & Weights DVD. The music is great and it's a lot of fun. Imax2 is pretty high impact though. Low Max is good also. You can also get LIC and do the cardio premix alone. It is one of my favorite workouts.

Thanks jbliff!! I ordered Imax2/Cardio & Weights and Low Max. I don't really need low impact - I just thought it would be nice to have the option to throw in every once in a while. Have a great weekend!! :D

Add the workouts that use cardio and weights: Drill Max (love this one), High Step Challenge, High Step Training, Body Max 2, Boot Camp. You can use these very well with STS and get awesome results!

Add the workouts that use cardio and weights: Drill Max (love this one), High Step Challenge, High Step Training, Body Max 2, Boot Camp. You can use these very well with STS and get awesome results!

Would you do the weight portion as well? How would this work? I am really new to weight training. Obviously my focus is to get in the best shape I can and lose weight.
Thanks
Heather

Would you do the weight portion as well? How would this work? I am really new to weight training. Obviously my focus is to get in the best shape I can and lose weight.
Thanks
Heather

There really is not enough cardio in Bootcamp or High Step Challenge for a good cardio workout. I wouldn't recommend that you use any weight in your cardio while doing STS. By itself STS will be enough of a challenge and your body really needs to recover from the workload during the off day.

My body is making that message quite clear

There really is not enough cardio in Bootcamp or High Step Challenge for a good cardio workout. I wouldn't recommend that you use any weight in your cardio while doing STS. By itself STS will be enough of a challenge and your body really needs to recover from the workload during the off day.

Thanks for the info. Right now I think that my body is quite in shock between STS and me ramping up the cardio.

Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.