What else compares to Cardio Kicks

kimlav

Cathlete
I really enjoy Cathe's Cardio Kicks and I am wondering what or who else compares video wise.

Thanks.

Kim

When I want to do a long tape, I alternate Taebo Live Advanced (I have 4 favorites) and Cardio Kicks. CTX Kickbox is what I do during a CTX rotation. It's a lot shorter, but if you put a lot into it, it's a good workout.

RE: Thanks Honeybunch

I do have the CTX kickbox as well. I guess I was looking for other comparable workouts that were not Cathe's since I pretty much have all of hers. I was wondering whether the styles of Janis Saffell, Mindy Mylrea, or any other CIA videos out there would appeal to me compared to Cathe. I really love the pure althleticism of Cardio Kicks and am wondering if anyone else out there would appeal to me in a similar fashion.

I have to say too that Billy Blanks does not do it for me from what I have seen of him.

Thanks.

Kim

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-01 AT 08:50PM (Est)[/font][p]Well, if you like athleticism, then you'll like Mindy Mylrea. I only have 2 of her tapes now but plan to get more just for that reason. That's just her style. The only thing I have of hers that's specifically kickboxing is Jump and Jab. The production stinks, BUT I LOVE IT. It's kick-butt hard. I think the production is bad cuz it's not a CIA tape like some of her others. Anyway, bad or not, it's the reason I got more of her tapes. And, all of her tapes are athletic in style. Maybe it's cuz she has 3 boys. Her tapes always make me feel like I'm at football practice. LOL. Robin.

I personally havent done this video yet but it has great reviews on videofitness.com. I've been searching around and so far the only place I've found it for sale is on amazon.com for about $20. It's Aaron Lankford's Power Kicks. It's on my Christmas list.

Stacy

Hi Kim! Janis Saffell's kickboxing tapes "Kick It" & "Kickbox Express" are complex and long. Once you've mastered what direction Janis is going in you'll have a blast with these 2. There's also CIA 2KO3 Sherri Jacklyn. Both of her tapes are very good. The last one from Sherri focuses on fast-paced strength kickboxing no hard-core choreography to learn. The same for Janis. Her Strikezone tape is mostly strength kickboxing (drills) but a nice variation. Try looking these up either through ciavideo.com or collage.com. Have fun choosing! Kathy

Franny Benedetto has a tape called Kickit 2000 and it is pretty intense (she even does those forward hops that Cathe does). It's available from Saracity.com. There are several videos in the Powerstrike series that are very intense - lots of drills put together in patterns. This tapes feature 2 excellent instructors who use excellent form. The production quality isn't as good as Cathe, but the workouts are awesome.

I second Sherri Jacklyn's 2K03!! This tape rocks but beware it is more advanced than Cathe's Cardio Kicks. If I ever get this tape down I will be Kickbox amazon woman!! Check it out!!
Lori Darling

Hi Kim! If you like music that rocks and simple but fast choreography then check out the website for Powerstrike. These 2 ladies are great. One is a black belt in martial arts and the other one is a fitness/dance expert. The 2 new tapes in the Millenium Series are professionally done where the previous tapes they had an amateur cameraman and the production was terrible. Good luck! Happy shopping! Kathy

kathyh...would u know the website of powerstrike videos? it sounds very interesting to me. i enjoy kickboxing a lot as well as step. i think it's important to do varied activities so u work on different muscle groups. how many tapes do they have?

Hi Hippychick! You can find their tapes on powerstrike.com. Their early tapes were very amateurish and filmed by a relative. Not very good. But you should see their 2 new ones! OH MY! This time they had a professional crew come in and film them. They have a lot of background exercisers with them and its quite an AWESOME workout. All of them are sweating like mad! Its the Millenium Series 1 & 2. Check out their website. Kathy

RE: Thanks everyone

So far I have received Aaron Langford's Power Kicks on a trade but have not had a chance to review it yet. I will be keeping all of the above suggestions in mind for the future.

Kim

I don't have much kickboxing experience, but I have tried a few tapes, & the ones I like are Mindy Mylrea's Jump & Jab 2 & Janis Saffell's Ringside Kick It Intervals. These aren't as intense as Cathe's Cardio Kicks, but they are sort of similar in that they mix hi/lo moves with kickboxing moves, & both are fun. However, the sound on Janis' tape is pretty bad. Hopefully, Cathe will make a Cardio Kicks 2 tape someday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.