What do you do when you miss a day?

tricia

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I am doing Cathe's November 2011 (Non-Low Impact) Rotation, and I missed a day on the rotation. I did High Step Challenge on Wednesday, then Thursday was my scheduled rest day. Well, not to go into to much, I had to miss yesterday's workout to take care of my MIL, who just got home from the hospital yesterday. I had planned to work out last night, but my son ended up at the Urgent Care facility getting 5 stitches so that was shot!

My question to you is this: When you miss a day, do you pick up where the rotation left off (in this case, it is Pyramid Upper Body), or go on to the day you had scheduled (which is HIIT 40/20 & Coremax #3)? This problem tends to throw me totally off. I considered just doing today's workout, then tacking PUB on to the end of my rotation - but she makes these in order for a reason, you know? My other alternative would be to do 40/20, then do PUB, since it has Abs in it.

What are your thoughts or experiences with this?

Thanks for your input~

When I miss a day, I do the day that I missed. Sometimes it takes me a little longer to complete a rotation, but I eventually get there. I can usually fit 5 workouts in throughout the week, but fitting in 6 days is often a challenge. I try not to beat myself up over missing a day (a little guilt yes). Sometimes my body tells me it need that extra day of rest!

Good luck. That's one of my favorite rotations.
Lisa

I think you're right.

My hubby just said the same thing, better to stay on the rotation and just bump it a day. I am really enjoying this rotation so far. My only temptation is that I just ordered To The Max, Crossfire, High Reps & Intensity for my birthday present to myself & they came Thursday. Now I want to try them so bad, I'm like a little kid! :D

Thanks so much for your reply!

Tricia,

I'm sorry to hear about your son :(. I hope he get's better soon :).

I agree with Lisa, as I have done what she does when following a Cathe rotation. I don't stress out about missing a day or 2 anymore, cuz' you know, LIFE happens :p.

Natasha

He's doing okay, Natasha

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for the reply - my little guy is doing really well. He has a great capacity for looking on the bright side of any situation. And his twin sister (who accidentally inflicted the injury) is being such a sweetie. (Those are my 3 babies in my avatar, the day we went to the Spartan Race. Fierce!)

I have decided to just pick up where I left off, so yesterday I did PUB & today will be Hiit 40/20 and Core Max #3 - Woo Hoo!!

I'm loving this rotation so far, by the way. :D

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for the reply - my little guy is doing really well. He has a great capacity for looking on the bright side of any situation. And his twin sister (who accidentally inflicted the injury) is being such a sweetie. (Those are my 3 babies in my avatar, the day we went to the Spartan Race. Fierce!)

I have decided to just pick up where I left off, so yesterday I did PUB & today will be Hiit 40/20 and Core Max #3 - Woo Hoo!!

I'm loving this rotation so far, by the way. :D

This story kinda brought me back into the past when a similar thing happened to me and my cousin when we were little. To make a long story short, me and my cousin were playing and I sort of pushed him head-first into a tire rim :(:eek:. He was rushed to the hospital and had to get about 3 stitches -- poor little dude :(. I was completely traumatized and felt terribly guilty. I've never looked at another tire rim the same :(;):D.

Anyway, I hope your little guy is feeling better. Good luck on the rotation BTW! I did that one and it was AWESOME. As I recall I lost a few lbs...and that was during the Xmas holidays too!

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.