what to buy to get started?

merediths5

there are sooo many DVDs! I don't want to invest a lot of money or have to buy a lot of "extra gadgets" until I am sure that I will really use them. I want a workout that targets upper body and core specifically to supplement my running and horseback riding. I have free weights already available. Where do I start?

Hi Meredith!
You may like "Pyramid Upper Body" which is an upper body workout using the pyramid system - 15 reps lowest weight, 12 reps medium weight, 8 reps highest weight, and then back down the pyramid. I believe there is also ab work on this one. Also, the Gym Styles and Pure Strength are great upper body workouts! (I personally like the GS series better) I believe the above three workouts are great for leaning out. If you're looking to build muscle, you can try Slow & Heavy, but since that series is not meant to be used consecutively for too long, you may not want to start there.

Hope this helps and good luck!

:)

The Pyramid workouts are a good option. You can also try Muscle Max. It's a very good full-body workout, and there is also an ab routine. It will give you a good idea for Cathe's weight work and should be less expensive than the DVDs that have multiple workouts so it's not a big investment. All of Cathe's workouts have premixes so you can do just the upper body or the lower body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.