Weight Watchers and Cathe

katrid

Hi everybody! Well, I joined weight watchers again tonight for probably the dozenth (yea, I realize that is not a word) time of my life, and I really want this to be the last time I ever have to join! I want to make this for good! My question to you....are there any weight watchers out there who use Cathe as their prime workouts? If so, what are your results with Cathe and Weight Watchers? Thanks for any input!!

Katrid

Hi!

I am a Weight Watcher who had used Cathe for workouts. I have been on points since 6/8/01 and have lost over 30 pounds (only about 11 more to go!!!). Right now I am at week 4 of a 5 week FIRM/running rotation, but at about week 4 of being on WW (after I got the Points Booster) I did a 5 week heavy cardio rotation that consisted of a Cathe cardio one day and running the next day for 6 days a week. This heavy cardio rotation really helped kick up my weight loss. I don't eat many of my activity points, but when I am hungry I do...I just make sure that I eat a healthy snack and not just junk.

As for my body, most of my toning results (so far) have been from the FIRM and most of my cardio advances have been from Cathe. But more importantly I really think I have seen changes from working out consistently 6 days a week, no excuses!

I hope my next rotation will give me more muscle definition (I am not really enjoying the FIRM rotation...but I am enjoying the results.) I can't wait to start it: 2 weeks of CTX (2 body parts/day), 2 weeks of PS/Cathe Cardio for about 8 weeks...also I am going to run 3 days a week for as long as the weather will allow.

I will say that this is the easiest weight I have ever lost...and this is the LAST time I will have to lose it.

Good luck!
-darree

I don't post very often but this subject is near and dear to my heart. I am a Weight Watcher leader and love the point system. I joined in Feburary 1998 and lost a total of 84 pounds that year. I discovered Cathe after I had lost around 50 pounds. Her workouts really helped me get to goal but most importantly stay at goal. I will celebrate three years at goal this November and would not have be able to maintain this loss without my Cathe Workouts.

I usually do 5 cardio workouts with at least two or three days of weights. Currently I am doing the slow and Heavy series and Power Hour for my weights. Adding more weights has really helped with the maintaining. I also love the CTX series.

Hope this helps. Good luck with Weight Watchers! I have been overweight for many years and this combination has been a life saver. You can't beat Weight Watchers and Cathe. Those pounds don't have a chance!!!!!
Diane Hayes

Wow! First off, let me say congratulations on your weight losses! That is wonderful. Losing weight is a real challenge, and keeping it off is an even harder challenge. I have most Cathes and almost all the firms, and I'm hoping to get myself into the habit of exercising regularly (5-6 days per week). I know this shouldn't matter, but I really hate the idea of going in and getting discouraged if I only lose a half pound, and I know initially that is fine since I am getting smaller, but I still get discouraged. I usually start off with exercising and ww, and my friend only does ww and walks, and she always comes out with great losses and I come out with my measley 1/2 lb.!! :) I have about 60-70 lbs. to lose, and I want to make this the last time I have to join!! Just like the two of you. Thank you very much for your motivational stories!!

Daree,

I just joined WW for the millionth time. I'm a lapsed lifetime member. I'm impressed that you're working out 6 times per week and still sticking with points.

Do you find that you're hungry at all with all that working out? I've been doing The Firm for about 9 years, but I've just starting Cathe workouts, and find them to be way more intense (which is a good thing!). Do you find that you have enough energy to do her workouts even while you're on WW?

I hope I have half as much success as you've had - you've inspired me to get back into it. Thanks! Any tips would be appreciated.

Amy

amy,
i don't find that i am too hungry...actually working out helps to curb my appetite a bit. if i get hungry, i make sure to eat some of my activity points...i just make sure that my food choice is a healthy one (fruit, veggies, high fiber, etc...) the thing that i really like about ww is that there is never a time that you can eat nothing...if you run out of points you can always steam up some veggies and eat them for free. i love free. there are also plenty of low point "healthy" snacks out there that i keep on hand.

i find that it has been a pretty easy road so far, but then again, i am getting close to goal and i think that i will slow down a bit. for me, it is not just diet, but more importantly consistent exercise...i just have to have a no excuses attitude about working out...there is no choice...no matter what i work out...that is what works for me. luckily i have found cathe and working out is not the chore that it used to be.

happy losing!
-darree

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-01 AT 03:38PM (Est)[/font][p]oops! i double posted and am just fixing it.
-dar

WOW...... can I relate, I'm a WW'er AND newly addicted to Cathe's videos. I just can't get enough of them. I have about 20 pounds to go and hope that with WW and Cathe combined I will get the weight off and tone this bod up to where i'd like it.

Great post! Marcia...

I use ww/cathe/the firm/and jogging. All the exercise in the world didn't help me lose weight, but adding ww to the mix sure did. The great thing is I can eat 28 points a day and consistently lose. I went from an unhappy 132# to a very happy 118# and plan to lose 3# more in the next 3 weeks, then be done.

The neat thing is, the less you weigh, the harder you can exercise, and the fitter you get. I can run so much faster without those 14 pounds of fat!

Protein at every meal has been helpful in keeping my appetite under control and building muscle. Also avoiding sugar and white bread/rice etc. keeps your energy up. I do get hungrier on the days I weight train, no doubt about it.

Go for it!

Congrats to all for your weight loss! I just joined Weight Watchers online 3-1/2 weeks ago -- I've lost 8 pounds and have MUCH more to go (about 40 lbs). After all of the diets I've tried (and believe me, I've tried MANY), I'm convinced that WW combined with regular exercise is the most successful. My sister has lost 40 lbs with WW, and my sister-in-law has lost 50 lbs with WW, so I guess you can say that WW is a family thing! My Cathe videos are my all-time favorite, but every so often I stick a Firm video in the rotation. I wish all of you the best of luck in your weight-loss endeavors -- it's not an easy task! Jeez, it's so much harder to take off the weight than it is to put it on, isn't it? ;-) I'm definitely committed and determined this time around! It also helps to visit Cathe's website and read these posts from people who have the same goals and who are as thrilled about Cathe's videos as I am! Good luck!

BTW -- Cathe, I LOVE the new videos, and congrats to you and your family on your new up-and-coming arrival!!

Chris

Kath,

I'm at 132 now and would love to get down to 120. How long did this take you, if you don't mind me asking?

I recently saw a nutritionist who told me the same thing you just did about protein at every meal to cut cravings and avoiding sugar/white flour. That really does work wonders.

Thanks for the inspiration,

Amy

I can't thank everybody enough for responding to this. It really motivates me to want to stick with my program and start exercising faithfully with Cathe!!! :) I know we probably cannot do this on the Cathe forum, but would anybody be interested in starting some sort of a ww/cathe check-in? I don't know where we would go, but I'm sure we can come up with something!!!

Katrid, why don't you use the Firm Forum's Check Ins and Challenges board. I'd be thrilled to join you guys. In case you're worried that it's not allowed, couple of us are doing a Cathe rotation there and we haven't heard any gripes. Robin

i'm in for a ww and working out check in, if others are also interested...having a check in may help with the last 11 pounds. i lurk over at the firm board but have never posted.
-darree

Great!! Let's do it!! I also lurk and sometimes post at the Firm. Want to start our check-in starting tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday, Monday?!?!?! LOL. Just let me know what you are interested in doing. Should we post over at the Firm to see if anybody else is interested in checking in? Also, should we make this a strictly Cathe/WW checkin or an Workout/WW checkin?

I don't belong to WW, but I did get their "At Home" package in June, because I had a slight weight gain which ended up being due to Hormone Replacement pills that I have since quit.

BUT, I used the info to begin to careful watch my food intake with the little journal sheets and books, so I am slowly watching the scales come done. I only want to knock off a couple more pounds, so I have a greater window to play with. I now use calories instead of points, but it's the same difference. I have worked in accounting so long, that I need to be more exact!

It all boils down to being aware of what you eat! Keep track and be honest about your portions.....keep those measuring cups handy.

I do mostly Cathe tapes, too. The Cathe and WW combo is the best! I'm lucky that I can pull off the WW off without meetings, but if you need them, go for it! Whatever works!

my workout week ends on sunday...so that is probably when i will check in.

my vote would be for a workout/ww checkin, just because i have one more week until i am done my firm rotation...but i am doing a cathe rotation next.

i did go over to the firm check in/challenges last night and saw that there was already a ww checkin but that was mostly about wheight loss, not workouts.

if you would start it (i guess i feel weird since i have never posted over there) that would be great!

i am glad we are doing this! i am sure there are others!
-darree

Here's what I'll do.......on Monday morning I'll go over to the Firm Challenges and Checkins and write something real quick. Do any of you know what entails a checkin? Do we check in daily? Maybe we can each post what our weekly goals are and support each other that way. For instance, I want to shoot for 3 cardios and two strength training days next week. From there I will tweek what I think I might need to do in order to get the results I want. I have never done this before, so if anybody has any suggestions or experience in this arena please jump in!!! I just need something to keep me honest and motivated! And hearing others and motivating others tends to help me.

i am not a fitness expert, so i can't pretend to be :). i do think 3 cardio days and 2 weight days sounds like a good plan, but i guess it depends on what your goals are.

i will post my plan for the week on monday.

what are you going to call the check in so i know what to look for?
thanks so much. this is great!
-darree

Hi guys. I'm already on a couple of checkins over on the FF. Really, you make it what you want. I post on one checkin only 1-2Xwk and on a couple of others every day.

As someone pointed out, there is another WW checkin but I think as long as we focus, like someone said, on WW and our workout goals/plans, that will differentiate the 2 checkins. We could post weekly with what we did for the week, any wt. loss and then wkout plans for the coming week. Starting Mon. maybe our overall goals and then our plan for the week. Whaddaya think?

I do WW at home, so some "group" support will be great. See ya there, Robin.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.