We need more lunges in Power Hour

kathryn

Cathlete
Just kidding!
By the time those 7-count low-end lunges rolled around, I was thinking that "SNM video" is really "S&M" video. Even my arms were shaking by that time! I think this is the first time my legs have felt that worked since I used the machines and squat racks in my college weight room!

I laughed just reading the title of this thread and HAD to open it up - and laughed even more at S & M!

The lunges are annihilating - I can't figure out why they are so much harder than in any other Cathe video. I am particularly distressed after the dumbell lunges - after the TWO seven count low ends, you still have to do the two-up, two downs!! aiieee!!

I am just SO glad to find I am not alone. I thought I was just being a wimp! :D

Sophie

Sophie,
It must be the endurance factor. When I do the chest section, I use a barbell that is the same weight as what I usually use in dumbbells, but I'm fried by the end!
I just hope that this routine has the same effect on my legs as it feels like: making them tight and taut and babelicious!

I TOTALLY agree. These lunges are brutal! The second time I did the tape I couldn't even use any dumbells at all after the first lunge part with the bar. Next time I used 5 lb dumbells and now I'm up to 8. But I might have to go back down to 5 because I still cannot manage to do them all. Talk about burn. OUCHHHHHYYY!!!!!

When I saw the title to this thread I had to see the Amazon woman who needs more lunges in Power Hour.

I do the routine with much less weight than Cathe but even so, by the end of the set my thighs feel like they're about to burst into flames.

Marlene

Oh, my. The thought that goes through my head is "7 MORE???"

You know, my legs have NEVER ever felt such intensity of the burn until I did this tape.

As Marlene wrote, my thighs really do feel like they're going to burst into flames. They feel THAT hot.

I actually thought "Is is pain really necessary?" and "ARGHHHHHHH! I can't BELIEVE Cathe wants MORE!!!!!" I really feel like my legs are just going to collapse under me.

Aren't we borderline insane for loving these types of workouts?

Is it my imagination, or does the music that accompanies the squat section sound like it's going to end several times before it actually does? I keep thinking "ah, it sounds like we're almost done", then the music starts right up again.

Kathryn - loved the reference to S&M video!! Cathe definitely had a few "evil smiles" waiting for us with this one! }> When I did my weekly check in w/my group, my comment was that I didn't think that I could have done one more lunge!! I remember staring at the TV screen in total agony thinking that I just couldn't do one more and miraculously, Cathe stopped. I could've kissed the TV screen at that point! :7

I've said this before on this forum but I'll say it again- I think this is the best lunge workout on video. I've always hated lunges but did them because I knew they were one of the best things. But now for the first time I have a lunge workout I love doing.

I think the combination of the music (the way you think your done and then on you go!) the counting (constantly changing) and the use of static lunges only, is what keeps this workout interesting and fun to do. I've been doing only PH the past month for my strength and I still don't have the workout down to memory yet. That's a good thing for me, because then I'm still challenged by it.

And I'm getting results, my thighs look fine! If I do say so myself!:-gloat

timber!

You jokester you---OK, I admit that I was ambitious and did the dumbbell lunges with 12lbs. On the second set (left leg), I nearly fell over sideways on the 2nd bunch of 7 low ends. My dogs were looking at me w/great concern. Haha. I'll tell ya, I was worried that PH wasn't going to be as effective as Leaner Legs, but my goodness, I was surprised. I'm pleasantly sore today!!! I love these new workouts. suzanne

I just had to read this also. There is no way I could do any more. Just a comment, the Firm always said you will see results in 10 workouts. I have noticed results in my thighs already in
Power Hour and I have done it 7 times. So its the results that I can actually see that makes me want to do those lunges. I hate them when I am doing them, but feel so good when its over.

I agree, we need more lunges in Power Hour!

Yeah, right!

Gosh, I love "Slow and Heavy" -- what a difference the tempo makes. I had never thought about it before -- but I love the variation on weight training.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.