Video Suggestions

lanklam

I have been working out with the Firm Video's for 3 1/2 years. I do SL, TT, B&B, Super Sculpting, FS, FC, VOL 6, VOL 2, VOL 4, Max Cardio, Fat Blaster, and a few more.... Anyway, I'm new to Cathe's video's. I would like some suggestions on which ones to purchase. I do not need to lose weight, but want to continue to build strength and tone. I have noticed a few comments on the Firm Forum that Cathe's video's are harder and may be what is needed to advance and increase my workouts and results? I love the firm and have seen great results with it. I usually do three days of strength training, and 2 days of pure cardio. (One of those strength traning days may be a cardio/weight tape from the firm) I try to do at least two floor work days (or include the floor work if doing a Firm tape that has floor work) Thanks!!

Hello!
Another Firmie here! I think I've collected most of them by now... :p Have done mostly Firm videos the last 2 years and have seen excellent results with them. Just recently started using Cathe's videos and still trying to figure out what I like. Glad to see you crossing over too!
I recommend the S&H series...it is wonderful!!! It's my first DVD workout and I love it. You would have to pry it off me. I'm on my 3rd week of this rotation and my triceps are beginning to show. I did volume 1 awhile ago and it was soooooo easy now!
Cardio kicks is another real good one...kickboxing style workout that goes at a reasonable pace and it really isnt boring! I dont like kickboxing because 10 minutes into the punches and I lose interest BUT this video changes around quite a bit and goes by fast!
Leaner Legs is high rep leg work...it works your lowerbody without elevating your HR like SL does...it is rather PAINFUL. But I love the way my legs look while doing this tape! You'll actually see your quads bulge while you try to get water.
Powermax is the only step tape I have...steady state cardio that's loads of fun...I lie I have Bodymax too...but I avoid it.
I am too inlove with S&H, Cardiokicks and LL.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-01 AT 08:48AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-01 AT 08:47 AM (Est)[/font]

Since I don't do FIRM videos, I'm not exactly sure what your strength level is or what exactly you prefer as far as a cardio workouts go, but I can definitely recommend Cathe tapes seeing as how I love them all! For an intense, fun total body workout I'd have to say that Power Hour is my absolute favorite. For cardio workouts, I agree that Cardio Kicks is a good place to start, but I'd have to add Interval Max and Maximum Intensity Cardio as great plateau busting workouts. All of her step tapes are great, but which I'd recommend first really depends on how many left feet you have. I was also wondering what type of equipment you had at home...dumbells, barbell, step?? Welcome aboard the Cathe Express!

:) Stacy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-01 AT 11:14AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-01 AT 11:14 AM (Est)[/font]

Oooooops. Duplicate post!

Kelly

http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/De_Niro/eeyore.gif[/img]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-01 AT 11:15AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-01 AT 11:14 AM (Est)[/font]

You have been given good advice so I will just second the slow and heavy series. If you like lifting weights slow you will like this. If you prefer faster reps then you might want to go with Power Hour. You really cannot go wrong with any of her strength tapes!

Kelly

http://www.sgtfuzzbubble99.homestead.com/files/Smilies/De_Niro/eeyore.gif[/img]

You didn't post whether you're looking for cardio or strength tapes, but I think people who enjoy the Firm workouts will love Power Hour. It's quickly paced w/ good music but works each muscle group to exhaustion (trademark Cathe) rather than jumping around. I guarantee your arms will feel like jello by the time you get to the planks at the end. It's a total body strength tape (w/o floor work for the legs).

If you're looking for cardio, get some recommendations for Cathe's that are easier to learn (e.g. BodyMax). Cathe's cardio is much faster & the moves much more complex than the Firm's.

Hey lanklam. I am also a former Firmie that made the crossover this summer. I can't go back now. I still do Standing Legs, Tough Tape, and sometimes I add a couple of 5DA routines to my workouts, but I haven't used the rest of my Firm tapes (Vol3 - Vol6, Cardio, Fat Blaster, Max. Body Shaping, Upper Body, Tortoise, Hare, Tough Aerobic Mix, Max. Cardio, etc etc) in awhile. Gosh I have a lot of Firm tapes LOL! Anyways, I started with the Pure Strength Series and then Maximum Intensity Strength. My bday was in October so I took advantage of the quantity discounts and bought Cardio Kicks, Interval Max, Max. Intensity Cardio, S&H Series, and Power Hour. I got them two weeks ago :-jumpy (I'm still previewing them). I'm doing Cardio Kicks this week and I absolutely love it! As for suggestions...you can start with Cathe's Pure Strength Series for your weight training and Cardio Kicks for your cardio. One thing about Cathe's cardio tapes is that you need room for them. Either that or modify the space you got. The Firm tapes do not take up a lot of space but Cathe's cardio tapes take up a lot. The videos are worth it though... you'll see the difference in your body very quick. Good luck :)

Hi,

That is so true! The firm is pretty good with using very little space because it is mostly short cardio in between the weighted sections...so you either run in place,do plyos or move side to side...there is very little choreography involved because they use the db to elevate the heart rate. I still love my Firm videos because they are very time and space efficient... and soon with Anna Benson thinking of coming out with DVD workouts for FitPrime we will have more possibilities. Cathe has done wonders for me strengthwise and has really given my cardio a real boost in such a little amount of time too...I agree her workouts are more advanced because my firm vids now seem very easy...which really surprised me! They both complement each other well.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm interested in both Strength and Cardio. I think I'm at that next level of fitness. I have seen great results with Firm...but need to boost my sculpting, strength and cardio to see more results. Thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.