video suggestions

kericampbell

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on a video that used low weights and high repitions?. I have all of Cathe's tapes and need something different to add to my rotation.Thanks

Try Karen Voight's great weighted workout. It is over an hour, because it totally burns out your muscles with a zillion reps with 5 pound weights until you want to scream. It's definitely a good workout, but I've retired my copy because I feel like I'm being nibbled to death by a thousand termites. Give me a Cathe slow and heavy tape any day.

How about CIA 2102 Powerbar Training with Shannon and Allison? I really like this workout because it offers nice variety with low weights and lots of reps.

Emily

I highly recommend Margaret Richard's Sculpture Upper Body & Sculpture Lower Body. You will know you worked out!
Ruth :)

Just wanted to say ditto to the Karen Voight Great Weighted Workout recommendation. It fits the bill. I gave mine away recently, but I used it for years.

Karen Voight's workouts are high rep/low weights & she always seems to find a few muscles that you've been ignoring. I love the floorwork in GWW but don't do the entire tape anymore, it must be 90 minutes long. I like Streamline Fitness for "maintenance days".

I agree that Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout is a good one. I use 12lb dumbells for most of Cathe's bicep exercises to give you a basis for comparison and when I do KV's GWW I usually use 5 lbs and sometimes have to drop down to 3 lb dumbells for the upper body section. The floor work for legs is deceptively easy looking, but my legs are sore for days afterwards. CIA's Power Bar Training uses lighter weights ie. a good starter weight for me is a total of 15-20 lbs using my barbell (that's the total weight including the bar). Both are great workouts, I guess it depends how light you want to go!

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.