Video Info....

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has tried these newer non-Cathe videos, and if so, what your opinions were of them.

Christi Taylor's Still Jumpin (intensity, difficulty, dancey?)

Karen Voight's Cardio Strength Circuit Training

Mindy Mylrea's Body Bar Energy Action

Thanks!

Stacy

Hi, Stacy,

Although I have not tried the first two videos you mentioned, I know I read reviews of them (definitely the Still Jumpin' tape) over at the New Reviews page on videofitness.com. That's always a safe bet when you want reviews on newer tapes. :)

I traded someone for the Action Energy Circuit (body bar) tape and I love it! It's about an hour long and includes standing toning, floor work, intervals, hi-lo, plyos (while holding the bar)... It's intense. By the end, I'm always dripping. I'd recommend it. :)

Hope this helps!
Amy S.

Hi Stacey,
If you love Cathe but are looking to try a newer non-Cathe video, you would probably enjoy Step This Way with Kristin Kaegen. I did it for the first time today and it was long and hard! 10 minute warm-up, 50 minutes of good hard stepping with 4 intervals thrown in, and a 15 minute ab and cool down section. The choregraphy reminded me of a mix of Cathe, Mindy and Christi. Lots of fun. I feel so fortunate to have Cathe and others give me such great workouts at home. Have a great day. Janet

I would also recommend Energy Action Circuit. The tape is great with a little extra cardio thrown in like one of the CTX. It's also good as a light weight training day.

The Karen Voight is just coming out. I ordered it and will report back when I have done it.

As far as Still Jumpin' is concerned, I LOVED IT! This is coming from a person who doesn't really care for hi/lo. It was a blast. It doesn't require a ton of room and is just so much fun. The intensity is lower of course but the cardio segment is a good 46 min long. It's a great cross trainer for step and the video you will reach for when motivation is non-existent. I would recommend this one for lighter days or you can combine it with a more intense circuit tape--then you'll get fun and intensity.

Good luck, Cyndie

Thanks for all the motivation to spend more money....I just ordered them all! (Don't tell my husband!)

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.