Turbo Barre or Lower Body Blast?

TRSTACIE

Cathlete
I am thinking about getting some new DVDs with the 30% off coupon Cathe is offering when you pre-order. I can't decide between Turbo Barre and Lower Body Blast. I already have STS and Butts and Guts...maybe that should be enough. I have heard really good things though about Turbo Barre and Lower Body Blast. Opinions?

Btw, I could have sworn that someone said Lower Body Blast had a Barre workout as a premix....I didn't see one when I looked at shop.cathe.com but I could have missed it!

Last edited:
These are two of my fav Cathe Lower Body workouts.

LBB does have a short Barre segment, but it's not in the workout, you have to select it from the menu. I can't remember if it's in any of the premixes because I usually do the entire workout.

Many say if you have B&G you don't need LBB. Even though I have both I reach for LBB more. The music in LBB is pretty dang awesome AND there is gliding disc work and I adore all things gliding disc.

Turbo Barre works the legs in a totally different way from either of these though, so if you have B&G and are looking for some variety in your collection then I'd go with TB.

Last edited:
I was logging on to repost my love for Turbo Barre. I used it today right after Cycle Max and my legs are dom-tastic! I'm always surprised at how the tiny segment of arm work with the itty-bitty five pounders wipes out my upper body! I don't have LB, so I can't actually comment on which for you to get, but TB is pretty great IMHO. : )

Another fan here professing her love with Turbo Barre.

I have several leg w/o's (some Cathe, some not) and NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING works me harder than Turbo Barre. It has to be one of the most challenging LB w/o's out there! I can do squats & lunges w/40lbs til' the cows come home, but within 10min of Turbo Barre, I am shaking like a leaf! Not to mention how wonderfully it tones the thighs & butt.

BTW, the upper body portion with those little 5lbs, is evil!! In a good way of course. Talk about burning muscles.

So that's my vote!

Natasha

Last edited:
i would have to agree that if u have sts and b&g, then turbo barre is something very different than those in a very, brutal, tough, but good way.....lol.....LBB is also great, but TB is different and good to add in for variety:)

I would agree with everyone. Turbo Barre is amazing. Lower Body Blast is also a very good workout, which I do all the time. But I absolutely love Turbo Barre.:)

You sold me!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think I will go with Turbo Barre -- you all sold me on it! :D

May I hijack this thread a little bit? Do you all think Turbo Barre, once a week, would be a good compliment to running? Thanks!

Anne

I'm not a runner but I do believe that Turbo Barre would definitely enhance running skills. As Cathe says in her other workouts - "Stronger thighs comin' atchya'" and that is what comes to my mind when I do this workout... as well as a stronger lower back and stronger glutes.
BTW, I love your profile pic - I love turtles:)

Thanks, guys!

And thanks for the compliment on my profile pic. I love turtles, too--saw this one snorkeling on the Riviera Maya in Mexico. Ahhhhhh......! Nice memory, thanks for bring it back!

I would recommend Turbo Barre. It is such a unique workout and has moves that are different from the other workouts. If you look at it from the perspective that variety is key and brings the greatest change, then Turbo Barre would be a great investment.

I may the lone dissenter here...I looooove Lower Body Blast! I am not a huge barre person though. I find barre workouts are hard on my knees. That said, I can see why people recommend it if you already have the other workouts for variety but this one is totally worth getting regardless! If you don't get it now for sure consider getting it at some point! It's my favorite lower body workout, bar none!

I love both, I find that turbo barre take it to a level that is different, I have worn cartlige in both knees also lower back issues, I have no problem with both workouts, her LI series is fabulous, I have never done a workout (besides spinning) that brought my HR to over 180 without jumping and afterburn took me to that level wow!

I am thinking about getting some new DVDs with the 30% off coupon Cathe is offering when you pre-order. I can't decide between Turbo Barre and Lower Body Blast. I already have STS and Butts and Guts...maybe that should be enough. I have heard really good things though about Turbo Barre and Lower Body Blast. Opinions?

Btw, I could have sworn that someone said Lower Body Blast had a Barre workout as a premix....I didn't see one when I looked at shop.cathe.com but I could have missed it!

Honestly, I'd get both. I like LBB more than BnG (I just can't get into it although the individual exercises are AMAZING). Turbo Barre is very good for a body weight training routine. It's like comparing apples to oranges IMO, bc they both would fit wonderfully into anyone's routines.

I am a weak weak weak person because after starting this thread and getting all the feedback (and convincing myself that I only should get one) I got both anyway. :eek:

I told my son yesterday after karate that we had to hurry home to pick up a package from the front office before it closed. He put his hands to his hips and said "More exercise DVDs?" in a somewhat scolding voice. Even he knows I am weak when it comes to Cathe DVDs!

When I tell my husband in general terms that there is a preorder on the horizon he only asks "Is it Cathe or is it that Leslie chick?" Then I get the "oh what the hell look" and he says "you know the visa number, have at it".

He knows the fight is futile. Although if he didn't really want me to order I wouldn't, but he says it's my hobby and as long as I like it then that's all that matters.

I just got peer pressured (you know who are) into getting LBB. Excellent, excellent LB workout! Although Turbo Barre is still tops for me, I say you can't go wrong with LBB. It's got a little barre segment too. Oh heck, get them both!!!.................oh wait I just saw your post!!!! Ha ha YOU DID!!!

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.