Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Turbo Barre or Lower Body Blast?

This is a discussion on Turbo Barre or Lower Body Blast? within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I am thinking about getting some new DVDs with the 30% off coupon Cathe is offering when you pre-order. I ...

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Default Turbo Barre or Lower Body Blast?

I am thinking about getting some new DVDs with the 30% off coupon Cathe is offering when you pre-order. I can't decide between Turbo Barre and Lower Body Blast. I already have STS and Butts and Guts...maybe that should be enough. I have heard really good things though about Turbo Barre and Lower Body Blast. Opinions?

Btw, I could have sworn that someone said Lower Body Blast had a Barre workout as a premix....I didn't see one when I looked at shop.cathe.com but I could have missed it!

Last edited by TRSTACIE; 02-15-2012 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 02-15-2012, 02:24 PM
cammie-cam's Profile Fields

These are two of my fav Cathe Lower Body workouts.

LBB does have a short Barre segment, but it's not in the workout, you have to select it from the menu. I can't remember if it's in any of the premixes because I usually do the entire workout.

Many say if you have B&G you don't need LBB. Even though I have both I reach for LBB more. The music in LBB is pretty dang awesome AND there is gliding disc work and I adore all things gliding disc.

Turbo Barre works the legs in a totally different way from either of these though, so if you have B&G and are looking for some variety in your collection then I'd go with TB.

Last edited by cammie-cam; 02-15-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Cathlete
Fembot40's Profile Fields

I was logging on to repost my love for Turbo Barre. I used it today right after Cycle Max and my legs are dom-tastic! I'm always surprised at how the tiny segment of arm work with the itty-bitty five pounders wipes out my upper body! I don't have LB, so I can't actually comment on which for you to get, but TB is pretty great IMHO. : )
Old 02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Another fan here professing her love with Turbo Barre.

I have several leg w/o's (some Cathe, some not) and NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING works me harder than Turbo Barre. It has to be one of the most challenging LB w/o's out there! I can do squats & lunges w/40lbs til' the cows come home, but within 10min of Turbo Barre, I am shaking like a leaf! Not to mention how wonderfully it tones the thighs & butt.

BTW, the upper body portion with those little 5lbs, is evil!! In a good way of course. Talk about burning muscles.

So that's my vote!

Natasha
nkhansen1 and Jenniferlove like this.

Last edited by mini-natty; 02-15-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Old 02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

I also like the abs section in TB. EVIL! (In a good way, of course)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Catheite
mrsyancy's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to mrsyancy

i would have to agree that if u have sts and b&g, then turbo barre is something very different than those in a very, brutal, tough, but good way.....lol.....LBB is also great, but TB is different and good to add in for variety
Old 02-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

I agree with the others - Turbo Barre is unique and is an amazing workout!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Cathlete
missyt's Profile Fields

I would agree with everyone. Turbo Barre is amazing. Lower Body Blast is also a very good workout, which I do all the time. But I absolutely love Turbo Barre.
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Default You sold me!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think I will go with Turbo Barre -- you all sold me on it!
Jenniferlove likes this.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Cathlete
mrsmel's Profile Fields

May I hijack this thread a little bit? Do you all think Turbo Barre, once a week, would be a good compliment to running? Thanks!

Anne