Timesaver/CTX rotation for losing weight?

UNLVCrjChick

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

I need to lose around 75-80 lbs, and for one week so far, now on my second week, I intermixed both the CTX and Timesaver dvds. I was just wondering, if I only work on one body part per day once per week, is this enough? Or should I work each body part twice? I am not looking to gain a bunch of muscle mass. I just want to burn fat and tone.

Also, will the CTX and Timesaver weight sections cause me to not lose weight on the scale? I hear that a lot of people who lift weights regularly start to see the scale not budging. In fact, when I did the FIRM last year for approx. 2 months straight and nothing else, I didn't lose an ounce. I am terrified this will happen again. Am I just misinformed? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sherry

Hi Sherry!

From what I've heard, you're better off working each muscle group at least twice a week, because muscle burns more calories at rest. Being female, for most of us, it's really hard to gain a lot of muscle mass, in other words it's hard to bulk up like a man. I don't think doing CTX or Timesaver weight work twice a week is going to do that to you.

Regarding the scale not budging, when I go heavy on the weight work I notice the same thing, but my clothes fit better! This is the reason why I don't weigh myself! Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may see an increase in weight. But, as long as you're not going over your calorie allotment for the day, it's probably just muscle that's causing the increase.

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.