Tapes4sale?

cathe4me2

Cathlete
It is a sad morning for me! :'( My VCR ate two of my favorite Cathe tapes....Rythmic Step and Power Hour. I was wondering if anyone might have them for sale?????? Oh I hope I hope I hope..:)
If you do, you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks so much in advance...
Sad Wanda :-(

Sorry, no tapes for sale, but I wanted to let you know the same thing happened to me two days ago.

I was happily (?) doing my Max Intensity Strength and right about the middle of the triceps routine the tape got funny, wavy and blurry and then the monster inside the VCR ate my tape too.

My first thought was not about the expense of buying a new VCR or a new tape. It was thank goodness I was almost done anyway before this happened.

Wanna hear really really nuts? I took the day off so I could get a new VCR right away and have it in place before the next morning's scheduled workout. The next thing I did was place an order for another MIS plus a couple of extras I did not already own.

So I now have a new VCR, many more tapes on the way, and I will drop kick the old VCR out the door when the trash collectors come next. And I have the leg strength to do it too. I will feel ever so much better getting that traitor out of my house.

I guess my next step will be to bite the bullet and get a DVD and all of Cathe's stuff on DVD too. Am thinking about making this my Christmas gift to me.

Can anyone advise what kind or brand of DVD player to get? I am totally ignorant about this technology.

Hi Marlene,
I yanked the cords of my VCR out of the TV and the bad monster is now in the garage waiting for my hubby to take it to the dumpster. GRRR
I'm glad you are getting more of Cathe's tapes. You are really going to have fun. The only one I don't have is Step Max and the ones that aren't in the catalog. At least you now have an excuse to take advantage of some 'new' tapes. Enjoy :)
If I don't hear of my beloved tapes for sale, I will call and order new ones as well. I can't do without my Cathe tapes...:7

I too am totally ingnorant about DVD players...???
Wanda

If you are looking for brand new - G & R video which is going out of business has I think these two tapes for sale. Their website is gandrvideo.com They have some tapes at a reduced price, but I don't remember if these two tapes are included.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-01 AT 03:06PM (Est)[/font][p]Marlene and Wanda,

I'm so sorry to hear about your tapes getting consumed by the big, bad VCR Monster!

I recently made the transition to dvd. I gave myself a Pioneer 5 disc dvd as an early Christmas present. It seems that the Pioneer is a popular choice with the exercise/dvd crowd. You can program this dvd player across titles and chapters, so it's really a versatile piece of equipment. Cathe's dvds are broken up into chapters (not all dvds are), so you can have a field day mixing up her dvds to come up with custom workouts.
I haven't gotten this far into the technology, but it's just a matter of time before I start playing with it. You will probably get more responses to your dvd query by people that have had a lot more experience with dvd use.

The Pioneer dvd player that I have is model #503. I understand that this model is being discontinued, but you can still find it for sale on the internet. I purchased mine (online) at Consumer Direct Warehouse, and I got excellent service from them. You can do an internet search, and you may be able to come up with a better deal.

I have sold all my VHS videos and I am in the process of building my dvd collection. I have no regrets about making the switch, as I believe dvd to be a superior video format over vhs.

I hope that I have answered some of your questions.

Thank you everyone for your advise and sympathy..
And thanks GLN, for telling me about G&R Video. They did have Rythmic Step for $17, which I ordered. Now for Power Hour.
I'm going to look into the DVD players this weekend. I will have to look up everyone's threads on that subject...like what you like about DVD's and are there any faults.
And....which players are the best.... I certainly can see by reading, that DVD's sure would offer more variety in workouts.

I just redecorated a bedroom....my poor hubby....a DVD player and ALL of Cathe's workouts too....hmmm, should I offer to wash and sweep out his combine? :D

Feeling better,
Wanda

Wanda, DVD's are so great. Do it. It's the best way to work out short of having a really foxy personal trainer come to your door!

Bobbi,
What kind of DVD player do you own? There are so many to choose from.
The girls seem to like Pioneer on this website. Just checking to compare what works and what don't. :)

Wanda

It's a Phillips Magnavox, a very cheap one, my husband chose. They have some really good ones with multi-disk features. Ours is very basic but it works!

Bobbi:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.