Substitution for Sashays in MIC????

Terri1222

Cathlete
Hey guys...Just wondering if there is a substitute move I can use in place of those sashays in the step portion of MIC. I just don't have the room beyond my step to "back up" to do them the right way....

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Terri

Hi Terri!
I also have limited floor space and I have to modify those sashays. I have found that two variations work really well. You can start with the leg abduction (side leg lift) on the step like Cathe does and then, instead of doing the sashay to the back, you can either do a straddle or travel side to side. Repeat twice and you will be in the right position to do the repeater.
I hope this makes sense...
GP

Hi Terri!

I always modify these because they make my knees feel 'vulnerable' for some reason. I do the knee up - skip back thing that is done in Bodymax and some of her other step tapes - can't remember which off the top of my head - this takes a little room as well, but not as much as the sideways motion. you could also just do a repeater and be on the same beat I think.

Hope this helps,
Colia

Figure 8

I do a figure 8 ala' Body Max and Step Works in place of the sashays and then a power 3 for the repeater. I don't know if that's more easily done in your limited space or not. Good luck!

Erin

Figure 8

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-01 AT 03:18PM (Est)[/font][p]Sorry! I didn't mean to post twice! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.