Sub for Hard Strikes in X-Train

Cowgirl

Just did my 3rd day of the 90 day rotation, am happy with it but am not totally thrilled with boxing and/or kickboxing,even though this is a good and doable video. Would love your thoughts and suggestions for substitutions for it.

Would it be HIT, Low Impact,Drill Max type, Step--or?? Have a number of Cathe's- and with all the premixes, there must be some good subs out there so I don't develop the dreaded "dread factor"

Thanks,
Cowgirl

Hi Cowgirl -
Coming from the other point of view (I LOVE kickboxing but am not keen on step) - I reckon step and kickbox are interchangeable (steady state cardio). I guess any step would do - you only need 35minutes of it - and then do the shoulder and abs work from hard strikes.
HTH
Justine

I would think step would be a good sub, but maybe something with alot of arm movements in the step, or even wearing 1 lb weighted gloves during your step of choice since kickboxing type of workouts tend to also have arm drills.

Ok, so far so good to both Stacy and Justine.. BTW, a few years ago I actually Loved boxing and kickboxing and took both at a gym with a "champion" trainer, but then as with many things for we "vidiots", I fell out of love with that form of exercise.. and havent' revisited it since till Hard Strikes.. And in fact, I don't "love" step either, but what I'm thinking is to alternate and maybe one of them will be the magic bullet for me.. And if it Is step, then what I'm thinking is to do a pre-mix of about 30 minutes and couple it with Horizontal Conditioning - getting Stronger- which I got several weeks ago. Should cover core and upper body.

Tks for your suggestions, as I would like to keep this going in sequence.

Cowgirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.