Stretch Max

I did the one on the stability ball. I thought it was really good. I liked it too.
Diane Sue

Me too!! I have done the first segment and the ball segment tonight. I look forward to doing the band segment. It's very relaxing. I am not a huge yoga fan, so this fits the bill.

Aila

I have done the first workout so far (no equipment needed) and I loved it. The music is great and it's a very efficient stretch routine (about 20 min). There was not much talk either so I could really concentrate.

I don't like much talk (even instructions) if I stretch.

I have done the resistance band workout. The band assists the stretch and therefore you can get a deeper stetch than you would ordinarily. If you want to increase your lower body flexibility, this is a good workout to start with. The leg stretches focused mostly on hip and hamstring flexibility but you also get a good calf stretch.I have used dynabands in my dance training to increase my flexibility. If you like this workout, I would recommend the book "Conditioning for Dance" by Eric Franklin. There are a number of advanced stretches using the dynaband.
The use of the dynaband in the upper body stretch was also good and you enables you to increase your range of motion and stretch by applying resistance against the band..ie. you can twist more deeply etc.

Is it o.k. to use the green band that came with the HC series? I'm assuming the pink band used in Stretch Max is longer or offers less resistance?
Angela

Yes, the green band is fine. You can vary the resistance by shortening or lengthening the band and applying more or less pull with your hands.

I did the one on the ball today, but I think I felt like I got better stretching with the first one. I still liked it alot! Unfortunately, last night my daughter kept trying to climb on me while I was doing it. I kept telling her that she was "messing with my tranquility", but she didn't care.

Today it was the cat. She just keeps flopping down right on top of me, licking my fingers and trying to grab my hands with her claws. UGH! Can't a woman get a moment's peace?!?

I'm looking forward to doing the last one, but haven't figured out when I'll do it.

Had to chuckle about the cat. Can just picture it too. My German Shorthair thinks something is wrong when I'm doing pushups or on my back ab work. Has to shove her nose right in my face. She's just making sure Mom's okay.

Jeanette

Angela,

When Cathe posted about this workout, she mentioned they used the pink bands because they coordinated with the outfits better LOL! The green band is just fine (as long as you have clothes to match!
;)

Sandra

The 3rd segment with the band is great! I love this tape, but I probably will be doing segment 3 more than the others.

Thanks Cathe for the options!

Cathe,
I love Stretch Max. This is just what I needed. I often get sore from stress at work, sitting all day and weight lifting. Now, I can just pop in one of these and relax. This is most EXCELLENT! Yay!
Anne::7

I have done the Swiss Ball and the Resistance Band Stretch Segments.

They are awesome!

Cathe really is right -- stretching is a very neglected area of total fitness!

I love their outfits too!

And I want some pink resistance bands!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.