step slides on carpet

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Hi,

Has anyone had problems with their step sliding on a carpeted surface? I used mine the other day for first time in several years (the original club step) and I couldn't finish my Cathe DVD because it kept sliding on the floor. I had always used it on carpet before and don't recall ever having this problem. I tried putting a black rubber mat under it but that really didn't work either--I kept tripping over the edge of the mat, and the step still slid a little bit. It could be that my mat was a little too small. I checked the rubber pads on my step and they are intact. Do I need a different kind of mat? Any recommendations? In case you're wondering, yes, I am very clumsy!!

Thanks
Michele

Woodworking tool stores sell a mat for routers that stop stuff from slipping while the carpenter is working on it, that might stop the slipping.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you--I never would have thought to check a woodworking shop. I appriciate the tip.

Michele

I went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of weather stripping. It's pretty cheap and comes in various widths. If you arent familiar with weather stripping it's basically a long flat strip of rubber with a sticking backing. After a few months I had to replace the weather stripping, but it's cheap, and I'm still on my original roll.

Weather stripping is a great idea! How ever did you think of that? I'm going out first thing tomorrow and get a roll of it. I'm so anxious to get into gear and get going with my workouts. I'm dreadfully out of shape. I had worked out with a trainer for quite awhile following surgery for a herniated disc, but that became cost prohibitive. I ran across Cathe on FIT TV and decided that I could do most everything I did in the gym at home with her DVD's. Well, here's hoping I don't kill myself! Thanks again--I really appreciate the advice.
Michele :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.