step n motion1

reba

Does anyone have this video? What is the intensity like? Is it easier than cathes other videos? I don,t like alot of tricky moves or jumping and leaping.My ankles are my weakness.I have kathy smiths step workout,great buns n thighs gilad step workout and jane fondas.What would be a step tape of cathes to start with.

Hi Reba, I've never tried Step n' Motion, I think this was cathe's first tape. However, Step Heat is pretty easy to learn and considered a good beginner tape. It's a good workout, too.

marnie

Hi Reba,
It sounds like you have a good basic knowledge of stepping, and that's a great start to tackling Cathe's stuff. Cathe's choreography is trickier than the tapes you listed, but because of that, you won't get bored quickly! (You'll never get bored, actually!) The easiest choreography of the tapes of Cathe's that I have is How to Get in Shape for your wedding. I also don't think the choreography in BodyMax, IntervalMax or PowerMax would trip you up much, and I enjoy these tapes much more that How to Get in Shape... However, the intensity of all of Cathe's stuff is much higher than the tapes you listed, because the speed is a bit faster, and there are a lot of jumps and leaps. JUST TAKE THE JUMPS AND LEAPS OUT!!!! You will be able to handle these videos by modifying. If you think a certain move may stress/twist your ankle, substitute a basic step or other easy move that you are comfortable with.
As for your original question, I have never done this tape and think it may be pretty dated--consider that if it might bother you!
Wendy

Hi,

I have this video, intensity wise, it's might be as intense as the wedding video, but it has a whole different feel. The aerobic routines aren't really strung together so you do one routine for a few minutes then go to something totally different and so on. It is fast paced, the moves are mostly atheletic, there is a little funk during the warm up routine. I can't remember how long the aerobic segment is, but the whole tape is one hour and there is a warm up, aerobics, balance work, then toning and a cool down.

It's is a bit dated, but it's still fun...plus you get to see a very baby faced Cathe.:)

Enjoy,

DeeDee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.