Step Blast - I made it!

Not sure if anyone remembers but a few weeks ago I was wondering if I'd ever get all that choreography. I did!...well most of it...I somehow always head the wrong way with those triples around the step. I was so proud of myself for doing it and my family didn't even stop what they were doing to congratulate me! I informed them "that's why I go on the Cathe forums!" I'm guaranteed that someone out there will notice and cheer me on.
I think what helped was borrowing some of Cathe's old videos from the library because on them alot of the moves used in SB are introduced in the earlier workouts. After a couple weeks of that, today I put in SB and wondered why I was having so much trouble before!
It's really a fun workout - although I don't think I like the peg-leg pivots as much as she appears too!

Trish

Isn't it a great feeling when you finally conquer a particular workout? (I think I cried the first time I got all the way through IMAX2). Step Blast is, in my opinion the most fun of all of Cathe's workouts. That interval blast at the end is great and don't you just love those shuffle repeater things? Now that you have it down, you'll have even more fun with it.

Good job!
Shelbygirl

Congrats Trish! Step Blast really is one of the most fun workouts, especially after you get all the moves down.

I still haven't gotten triples around the step--I mean, I do them but without the turn, b/c I completely mess myself up w/the turn. (personally things like mambos & triples around the step are some of my least favorite moves--they're not very intense & they're too difficult to do in a small space) I do like the peg legs, but they're not very intense either, they're just fun!

Good Job, Trish. I agree about the peg-leg pivots. Somehow, during the challenge, I can never get on the correct side of the Step for the peg-leg pivots. It totally throws me off. Other than that, I really enjoy Step Blast.

Trish, I know what you mean. Family just doesn't share our enthusiasm for Cathe workouts as well as other choreography challenging videos. (Did I say that right?) I always get so excited when I master choreography, though Seasun's is realy difficult for me and I am not liking that one at all. But that's another topic.

By the way, the peg-leg pivots-- I just do sort of a L step off the side. I'm not wild about that either. And, I will never like or get the rhythm right for the mambo cha chas.

I did Step Blast today, and while Cathe is teaching combo 2, she says, loud and clear, "You're tight on the top, loose on the bottom."

How did she know????

I'm right there with you girl. I love this workout just for the fun factor. And yes, like many others I also end up on the wrong side in that 3rd combo for the triples. But I just conquered this workout last week and I love it.

I love Step Blast, in fact I am doing it tomorrow morning!! I also end up going the wrong way around on the triples!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one! :p

Congrats on your conquest! I'm working on Step Blast too. Just did it for the second time this morning. The move right after the Charleston (can't remember the name of it) I always start off on the wrong leg and I know it's because she normally alternates the feet from one move to the next but for this one she doesn't. It gets me every time! Once I get all the moves down I'm sure this DVD will be one of my faves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.