Speaking of MIC..how about MIS...

punka274

Cathlete
OMG:eek::eek:this workout is TOUGH! Its been kicking my butt this week!

I did Legs only yesterday and my HR got WAAAAAY up there during those back lunges off the step w/db's. I remember thinking " just one more rep then she'll be done"....she kept going and going:confused:. And my bootie is feeling it today, and i rarely get doms anymore.

I did Chest,triceps and abbs on sunday and im still feeling the doms EVERYWHERE, the chest workout is killer and abbs were nonstop.

I can't imagine doing this workout all the way through.

I have Back,Shoulders,bicpes & abbs scheduled for tomorrow...im scared:eek:

Im glad i rediscovered it...its an oldie,but goodie!:D

Edit: For those of you who aren't familiar with Maximum Intensity Strength :
http://www.shopcathe.com/power_hour_maximum_intensity_stregth_Body_Max_p/320.htm

Last edited:
i LOVE this workout!! i save it for sundays which is my designated "killer" day, so i do the entire dvd. granted, i have to stop a bunch of times and breathe but it is such a good workout. the chest is a KILLER!!

i LOVE this workout!! i save it for sundays which is my designated "killer" day, so i do the entire dvd. granted, i have to stop a bunch of times and breathe but it is such a good workout. the chest is a KILLER!!

Im also pausing the dvd to take a breath/stretch. Awesome that you do it every sunday! :)

I did the back,shoulders,biceps and abbs today. I had a blast! My abbs were still sore from sundays workout,ouch.

The shoulder workout was killer too, my shoulders were burning. And she repeated everything agian on the biceps...just like the chest workout:confused:

Love/hate

I love MIS and Hate MIC...MIC is one tough cardio workout that I consider a huge challenge that I partake in to push or punish myself. I usually need to take a break between sections, most after the step and before the blast.

Love, love this kind of workout!!!

I love this workout also, yesterday I did Muscle endurance and OMG that's a good on too. When I was doing the lunges Cathe said 25 pounds and I thought ok 30.than I was one more rep and I'm done I can do it common :eek:, I forgot I have to do the other leg:confused:.
So I was wondering what kind of wonder this workout would do to my body if I do it 3 times a week?;)
I want to try it I think my body respond better to a high rep kind of workout.

Eunice:)

I love MIS!! And ME!! I try to do both each week. As for MIC - I like the step part, but not the hi/lo. I've thought about trying to to MM, MIS, and ME each week. There just never seems to be enough time......LOL!

I LOVE MIS! I have been doing it 3x a week for the last month and I am seeign good results. I just upped the weights this last time and boy was I sore. I admit I fast forward some of the chest part because I HATE doing chest and well there is a lot of chest in that workout. The shoulders are killer too though! I LOVE it! I am seeing a little perking of the rear since doing this one. Ha IT must be all the lunges.. oh my are there a lot of lunges!

MIS is maximum intensity strength--power hour, MIS and the original body max are all on one dvd. MIC is max intensity cardio--it is on the same dvd with rhythmic step and the original imax. Both dvds are worth getting.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.