Someone please respond...LOW MAX...

I didn't actually do the workout, so I can't respond directly to your knee concerns...but...

The choreography was pleasantly complex. The blasts looked like a LOT of fun and it looked like she took great care in making it all very knee friendly.

She IS on a higher step than she usually is, so you COULD do the workout on a lower step if it makes your knees unhappy.

Bottom line, I do believe that if you are looking for a high intensity, knee friendly workout you should be delighted with this workout.

I think someone may have mentioned it in the other Low Max thread, but personally it was a little hard on my knees---but I used an 8 inch step & maybe should have used 6 inches instead. There were a lot of squats which can be hard on my knees, at least. I will make some adjustments to that end but it still was a great workout!

Leslie

I did this one this am. I did it on an eight inch step and it wasn't too hard on my knees. The slam-its really hurt my knees a lot though, so I have to find a modification for that. I lowered my step for the last 2 intervals, but that was for my heart rate, not my knees.
~Elaine

I used a 6" step and my knees felt fine. The only moves I had to be careful with were the many pivots - some of them are done fast and I work out on carpet. There are LOTS of squats and movements where you keep your knee flexed and quads tight ("sculpt" 7s and 15s, low-end squats, lunge-kick combos). Those moves have never bothered my knees, but might bother someone else's.

I did Low Max early this morning. I really liked it, but was surprised that it bothered my knees a bit. I usually don't have too much trouble with my knees, even during very high impact moves thanks to glucosamine), but I could feel twinges in my knees during several sections of this workout. There were a lot of squat and lunge movements which I think caused the problem, but I think using a 6 inch step for some of the intervals, rather than 8, would help to eliminate the discomfort.

Shelbygirl

I have some knee issues myself so I did this one on a 6 inch step. I do believe I could do it on an 8 inch step. None of the moves hurt me but I'm always super careful of my knees to not twist or torque them. The last interval did tweak my lower back a bit, though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.