soccer shape

tinytaebo

Please help me! I'm 35 years old and have not really played soccer in 13 years. I've joined an indoor team, not knowing what I was thinking. I have two children under three and have not devoted more than 25 minutes to cardio on any given day, due to obvious time constraints. I need to know if any of Cathe's DVD's will help to get me into shape for soccer. Mind you that I only have about 30 minutes per day. I think that I've been focusing so much on getting my body toned on the outside that I've forgotten about getting into serious cardiovascular shape. I played soccer in college, but that was soooooooooo long ago. I also need some encouragement! My first game is on my 36th birthday---oy vei! My kid's watching is my motivation right now! I'd like to send them a positive message about team sports and exercise!

Wow, I so admire you for giving soccer another try at 35! My son is 8 and plays soccer and it looks like so much fun, as well as so much running! I would love to try a sport, but I never played as a child and can't imagine myself at 39 trying my first sport. But I think it would make me a good role model for my son if I would try a sport and show him that sports is not just for kids but for adults as well.

You go girl! Show 'em what you're made of!

Lisa

WOW, I say GOOD for you!!:) I would recommend the CTX series:D That would fit the bill for your time constraints, and help build your cardio, and if you have time you could even work in the weights. The CTX is Sooooooooooooooo....... versatile I can't say enough good things about it:D

GOOD LUCK!!

~Nicole

Oh my gosh...I have always wanted to play soccer for some strange reason. I didn't even know you could do things like this at 35. I'm 34....soon to be 35. How did you end up signing up for this? What type of team and where would one go to check something like this out? Anyway, if you are time constrained I would also do the premixes from Imax 2. Also you could split Imax in half. I think interval cardio training would be good training for soccer. Although, you can tell from reading my post that I'm definitely not an expert in the soccer realm. I'm just a wanna be soccer player. Good luck and have a blast!:7
Angela

I just wanted to let you know that, if you want to play soccer, you could probably call your local community center. There are plenty of adult leagues around our region- Northern California. I just happen to live down the street from a woman who is 41 years old, and has pretty much never stopped playing since high school/college. She asked if I wanted to play on a team with her, and I said yes. She caught me at a weak moment. Thank you for your suggestions regarding IMax 2. I will absolutely do that tomorrow. By the way, the adult leagues in our community also have teams that are on different skill levels- I'd like to be at the bottom to start off with. This is an indoor league, which to me the game seems to move a lot faster- I prefer outdoor. I hope you find a league for yourself because it is sooooo much fun to play. You might even try your local community college, as our offers a beginners soccer class. It may be much less expensive, and a good place to start.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.