SNM: Mini/Super Step in PS & PH

SteppingFool

Cathlete
I am interested in purchasing the PS and PH DVDs. I have not previewed the workouts, but I know that they incorporate a Mini Step and Super Step. To my knowledge, you can make a Mini Step (or use a step stool), and the Super Step will be on sale sometime(?). Due to constraints in costs and storage space, I was wondering...
1. Can I use my regular aerobic bench with added risers for a Mini and Super Step? I guess I will be using one end of my aerobic step for the mini step.
2. What is the height of the Super Step?
3. What is the height of the Mini Step?

Thanks
Haslina

I use my original ten year old step bench by Reebok (the full size one, not the smaller version) for all of Cathe's strength tapes.

I did buy two extra sets of risers for it though. That brings the bench up to 12 inches high for the step ups as well as the weight work lying down on it. I also can use it as an incline bench by taking two risers off one end.

A company called Spri sells the risers for $15 a pair. Their website is under construction but you can e mail me if you are interested and I will look up their toll free number for you if you want it.

I too have limited space in my workout area and could not possibly buy any more benches.

Hi Marlene -- I also have the Reebok Step and I would LOVE more risers. If you wouldn't mind e-mailing me the 800 number I would SO appreciate it! My e-mail address is: [email protected]. Thanks!

RE: Rubbermaid step stool

Marlene -- thanks for the info on the extra risers.

I use my good ol' 13" Rubbermaid step stool that I got for the FIRM videos for the PS Legs step-ups.

I'm pretty tall so I always do the weight work with just one set of risers under my step so I comfortably put my feet on the floor.

:) Gretchen

Mini step

Hi! The height of the mini step topper is the same as a regular step. The topper itself is 4 inches, and each riser you put under it adds 2 inches. You can set it at any weight you prefer within those limitations. Obviously, odd numbers are out. ;-) If you are interested in making one, here is a link to the directions and pictures:

http://www.avalon.net/~ferragut/MiniStep

Your regular step will work fine as a weight bench. That's what I use as well. I agree that extra risers are handy to raise it to a level that is more comfortable.

If you're interested in the Super Step, I believe that it is a total height of 2 inches: 4 for the top and 4 per riser. Someone here found it on a web site. I'm not sure if it's available for purchase yet.

I hope this helps!

Erin

Thanks for the info. I have the SPRI catalog and their toll free number. Now I have to find the money for the DVDs and risers...

Haslina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.