shoulders in ME

lala1

Cathlete
I have been using Cathe for a couple of years and every time I do ME I wonder the same thing: When doing the seated shoulder raises, should I be lifting my arms so that I have a right angle at my elbow or should my arms be almost straight "but not locked out"! Does it make any difference, like work different muscles?

The straighter your arm, the longer the lever, so the harder it is. You can start straighter and bring them in as you tire. But Cathe does them with a 90 degree angle.

Hello

As the previous reply says, the straighter the arms, the longer the lever and the more difficult it is. However, I personally find that if I keep my arm straight, the limiting factor in lifting heavier weights is actually my elbow joint. I bend my elbows to take the strain off my elbows but increase the weight to compensate. For example, I can only really do 4kg (i think that's about 8/9 pounds) with a straight arm. I cannot increase the weight more than this. However, I have been able to keep increasing the weights using a bent arm.
hth
Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.