Shorter Videos

bernjones

Hi Everyone:

I am trying to get myself back in shape. After about 8 months of sitting around, my body has gone to mush. Okay, that being said, I work full time, 2 kids, and I am taking 10 credits to finish my degree. I recently started a new job and believe it, we have a SMALL gym. I get to work early and I can get in 30-40 minutes of cardio on a treadmill, bike, spin bike and ellipitical. I am doing lots of cardio to lose weight. Then I have about 30-35 minutes for weight training and abs.
QUESTIOn: Does Cathe have a 30 min video weight training. I can pop in a video and do along at work. I don't have any room for step routines the gym is small, but there are plenty of weights and body bars and a few machines.

Can some one suggest somehting for my time crunched life?
Thanks,
Bern

premixes

if you already have some cathe dvds check out the premixes. Also, I know a lot of the gals on here have had some fun and success with Cardio Coach.

The only strength routine that's 30 minutes is Total Body Sculpting, but it is more beginner/intermediate and requires a stability ball. I believe you can choose any of Cathe's routines and cut them to splits, shorter workouts, etc with her premixes and mix & match features. If this interests you, programs such as Muscle Max, Power Hour, or Maximum Intensity Strength require less equipment than some of the others.

4DS and CTX are 2 programs designed with 30 mins cardio and 30 mins weight training. You can just do the weight training part at work (probably warm up on the treadmill). 4DS is a 4 day split workout; CTX is a 6-day one body part per day workout. CTX is an older workout, and when it first came out, a lot of people had good results with it. I saw Amazon Marketplace has CTX on sale.

Pure Strength is a split weight work... each is about 40 mins. You can also split total body weight workout (MIS, Pyramid, PH, ME, etc) into upper and lower body. These workouts are usually 1 hour total, but with u/l body splits it's around 30mins each. Gym Styles are longer workouts -- you can do one body part each day, and it'll be less than 30 mins.

Hi Bern:

I looked through Cathe's DVD's as I remember a few that have Timesaver workouts:

Body Blast Series: Timesaver DVD is one:

The 5 Workouts on This DVD are:

Timesaver # 1….(38 minutes)
Warm Up (Step Jump Pump)
Step Aerobics (Step Jump Pump)
Chest/Triceps (Step Jump Pump/ Bonus Timesavor Footage)
Stretch (Step Jump Pump)

Timesaver # 2…..(40 minutes)
Warm Up (Step Blast)
Step Aerobics (Step Blast Combo #3)
Hi/lo (Step Jump Pump Cardio #1 & #2)
Back/Core (Step Jump Pump/Bonus Timesaver Footage/Supersets)
Stretch (Step Blast)

Timesaver # 3….(45 minutes)
Warm Up (Step Blast)
Step Aerobics (Step Blast Combo #1 & #2)
Biceps/Core (Step jump pump/Bonus Timesaver Footage/Kick Punch Crunch)
Stretch (Kick Punch Crunch)

Timesaver # 4……..43 minutes)
Warm Up (Kick Punch Crunch)
Cardio Kickbox (Kick Punch Crunch)
Shoulders (Step Jump Pump/Timesaver Bonus Footage)
Stretch (Kick Punch Crunch)

Timesaver # 5……(48 minutes)
Warm Up (Legs & Glutes)
All Leg Work (Step Jump Pump/Legs & Glutes/Bonus Timesaver Footage)
Abs (Step Jump Pump)
Stretch (Step Jump Pump)

This DVD is well chaptered and also contains The Workout Blender ™ and three audio choices (normal mix, vocals only and music louder).

CrossTrain Express (CTX) has a bunch of shorter workouts:

This DVD set includes the Cross-Training Series (volumes 1 through 6) on two DVD discs. Disc #1 contains 10-10-10, Step and Intervals, All Step and Power Circuit in their entirety. Disc #2 contains Leaner Legs and Kickbox in their entirety. We have also added two bonus sections on Disc #2, including Upper Body Split and All Abs. Upper Body Split contains all the upper body weight sections from all the videos in the following order: Back, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps. Just press the button and all these sections will play in order one after the other. Finally, All abs contains all 4 ab sections from the CTX workouts. You can mix and match segments from each workout to create your own routine. Auto program your DVD player to create your own workouts. With 44 chapters the variety is almost endless.

Power Circuit
"Power Circuit" in our series of six workouts consists of a moving warm up followed by 28 minutes of power packed cardio. This cardio segment starts with a brief amount of low impact and high impact floor aerobics, and concludes with intense power circuit drills. These drills consist of three step circuits which incorporate leg work with a barbell, and three kickbox circuits which incorporate leg work with hand weights. After the circuits and a brief cool down period are completed, you will work your upper and lower BACK with exercises that use both a barbell and dumbbells. You'll also work your abdominals with crunches as well as some core strengthening exercises before you conclude with a relaxing stretch.
Power Circuit: hi/lo warm - up 7 min, standing leg work 30 min, floor leg work 18 min, abs 7 min and stretch 3min.) min., stretch 2 min.

10-10-10
"10-10-10" in our series of six provides you with an active warm up, a varied cardio program consisting of hi/lo, kickbox, step, a thorough tricep workout and a soothing stretch.
10 -10 - 10 Format: 5 minute active warm up, 25 minutes intense kickboxing, hi/lo and step aerobics, 15 minutes of ALL TRICEPS exercises, Stretch 4 minutes.

All Step

"All Step" in our series of six workouts provides you with a fast paced warm up, a high energy step routine featuring a fresh mix of classic favorites along with new challenging choreography, a complete shoulder workout, a thorough abdominal routine, and a soothing stretch
All Step Format: 6 minute active warm up, 22 minutes intense step aerobics, 10 minutes all SHOULDER exercises, ABS 10 minutes, 5 minute stretch.

Step & Intervals

"Step & Intervals" in our series of six workouts provides you with a fun warm up, a step aerobic program featuring fun combinations followed by three intense step interval cycles, a complete chest workout, and a soothing stretch.
Step & Intervals Format: 9 minute active warm up, 21 minutes of high intensity step aerobics (which includes 3 step intervals), 10 minutes of ALL CHEST exercises, 5 minute stretch.

Leaner Legs

"Leaner Legs" in our series of six workouts is an extensive lower body workout which focuses on all of the muscles of the legs and buttocks. Through the use of hi reps and medium to heavy weight, you will engage in a medley of stylized rep variations to completely challenge all areas of the lower leg. This workout concludes with abdominal exercises and a soothing stretch.
Leaner Legs Format: 3 minute stationary warm up, 33 minutes ALL LEG exercises, 9 minutes of ABS, stretch 4 minutes.

Kickbox

"Kickbox" in our series of six workouts provides you with an invigorating warm up, an intense kickboxing routine, a thorough bicep workout, an intense abdominal workout which also features core exercises, and a soothing stretch.
Kickbox Format: 9 minute active warm up, 23 minutes of kickboxing, 10 minutes of ALL Biceps exercises, Abs 12 minutes, stretch 5 minutes.

but I also agree that if you search your current collection there are TONS of shorter premixes that you can select, usually several on each DVD, that would be great to add that little extra you need to complete your daily quota!

good for you on taking advantage of your companies equipment! Maybe you can even recruit another co-worker to sweat it out with you! That always helps having a workout buddy!

I think that the Supersets-Push/Pull DVD has some premixes that are around 30-40 min. long. The GS DVDs have also timesaver premixes that are around 35 min. If you do splits, that might work into your schedule.
Maybe you could try increasing the tension on the bike or elliptical while doing your cardio to workout your legs at the same time. Then you would only have to workout upper body. With the premixes in SS/PP, I think it would be possible.
HTH
Nathalie

I find that the premixes work very nicely if you can manage closer to 40 minutes for a complete workout (not including time to change clothing!). The Gym Style series, or Pyramid (do just one direction), perhaps combined with Butts/Guts, are all great for this. An intense 35-40 minutes, where you include some strength training every day rotating through the body parts, could be just what you need.

It's hard for me to do less than 35 minutes with the premixes, but you could also use chaptering, especially with the newer DVDs. One thing I love about the Cathe series is the tremendous amount of flexibility you get!

WOW

thanks everyone...I think there are some good ideas, but I guess I'll talk to Cathe and ask her if she can do a few videos for ppl like me. TIME CRUNCHED.:D

If you're just getting back to lifting weights, I would recommend the Pyramids. Just do one direction, up or down. They're about 30 minutes and you can work at whatever level you are now, but just add more weight as you get stronger. That way you're doing weights twice a week and you can do cardio the other days.

I agree with all the others, though, with all the premixes and different configurations of Cathe's work outs, you can easily use her DVDs to fit your schedule.

I recently bought the Body Blast Timesaver DVD mentioned above, and I really like it. It's a little light on cardio, but you could easily add some. Have fun!

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.