Short but intense weight workouts?

Looking for the Cathe workouts that offer really intense but shorter workouts. I am a first year teacher so time is a bit tight right now. I have MIS but it doesn't seem intense enough. (Perhaps I will regret saying that later?) I have experience with weights and want to build some muscle. I am looking for something (preferably a DVD) that has specific upper and lower body workouts that are separate from one another. (I work on a four day split w/ cardio).

Fitcounselor
Peace, Love, & Muscles

How about Pyramid Upper Body and Pyramid Lower Body. They are from the Intensity Series and very good! They are two separate workouts on one dvd! Give them a try!

You might also look at the CTX Series. The DVD (2 of them) is excellent and you can mix and match. All of the cardio is around 30 minutes and most individual body parts are around 10 minutes except for Leaner Legs which is around 35 minutes (without warm-up and cool-down).

Jo

I agree Jo. CTX is the most versitile series Cathe has made. I waited until Aug 04 to buy it and I have been a Cathe vidiot since 1998!
You can manage your 4 day split with this series nicely and mix and match the cardio. And you can keep your time limited to an hour a day or so. If you do cardio and two body parts you may be just over ann hour, around 70"

If you are looking for strength only then I would suggest the pyramids. I like to use the premixes a lot and this workout has premix options that can work your upper or lower body in only a half hour. I do also suggest the CTX series. The series is very versatile and has a little bit of everything.

Aila :)

the Pure Strength series might meet your needs as well. PS Chest, Shoulders, Triceps is around 40 minutes while PS Back, Biceps, Abs is around 45 minutes. PS Legs is about an hour but you can do the abs section at another time if you're in a time crunch. I pull these out regularly - recently had to replace mine with the dvd as Legs & Abs vhs died. I'm always surprised at how tough it can be - esp. if you use heavier weight.

Cheers,
Kelli

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.