Shipping

Shaz

Cathlete
I have now ordered several cathe videos. While I am really pleased with the videos themselves, because I am in the UK, the shipping costs work out majorly expensive. Couldn't you offer a cheaper option to non-US customers? I would rather wait a couple of weeks for the videos to arrive if it meant paying less. Or, is there a way of ordering these videos from a UK distributer? Paying so much shipping means that I can't afford to buy as many of the videos as I'd like. I would really appreciate a response to this.

Thanks,
Sharon.

The only way we could ship less expensively would be to use the US postal service. Though this may be cheaper, our past experience has not been good; ie, lost packages, slow delivery times, no way to track the package, bad address problems, irate customers wanting to know where their videos are…. These reasons, plus the fact that all packages sent by postal services overseas have to have export documents filled out by hand (very time consuming) and all packages have to be delivered to the post office by one of our employees (also time consuming) make the postal service not a viable option for us.
Yes, UPS is expensive, but your package will arrive in a few days and if there are any problems we can contact UPS and they will take care of them. A thing to remember too is, we charge an extra $24 for International shipping regardless of the number of videos ordered, so the more videos you order, the less the shipping cost is per video.

Thanks for replying. It actually ends up costing more than the extra $24, as I have found out today. I ordered the heavy and slow series plus a step video (price $69.98). I was told that $94.94 would be charged to my credit card, which includes the extra shipping. UPS tried to deliver, but said I had to pay an extra £24(duty tax?), which I didn't have on me, so they took the package away again. I have phoned UPS, and have also been in contact with one of your staff, Chris Williams, who has tried to help. But at the end of the day, I will have to pay the extra if I want the videos. So, videos worth $70 will cost me about $135, which is pretty disappointing, and will put me off next time. Sorry to be negative, but that's how I feel.
Sharon.

RE: Shipping (but not about shipping)

Sharon, I see your on line name is "Shaz". Is this a UK nickname? Or did you borrow it from Bridget Jone's diary? Never heard this in the U.S.

I have just finished both the Diary and The Edge of Reason--read both two times in a row. Love them, love them, love them! Starting to think like Bridget. N.V. good, must stop tomorrow when start new diet.

Jeanne

RE: import taxes

Import taxes are not included in any of our prices. Every country is different. Some countries don't charge anything at all, while others will really sock it to you. The method of shipping really doesn't matter when it comes to import duties. Taxes are based on the price of the merchandice. However, sometimes customs will charge you and sometimes they wont. I imagine that because of the recent events and attacks that customs is being more diligent right now.

RE: Shipping (but not about shipping)

Hi Jeanne, Shaz is a UK nickname for Sharon. My family have always called me that. I really liked Bridget Jones (film) too, although I have tried reading the next book, but I'm having a hard time with the way it is written. I guess if I keep trying, I will end up talking like that too!

Nice to hear from you!
Sharon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.