SH for 3 weeks, results!!!!!!

dhjensen

Hi,
just wanted to hear from all of you if you have done a rotation with SH now for 3 weeks and if you can see results.

I have done SH and powerhour once a week in 3 weeks now, and I'm now ready to move on to my next rotation, which will be PS seris, with powerhour.

I haven't seen results yet all over but I have in my shoulder and chest, actually just in my armpit where the muscles cross. There is absolutely a more firm and hard look there. Nothing is flabbing. I have also seen that my butt is a bit more lifted.
Unfortunately I haven't seen much in my legs, but I'm hoping it will come now that I move on to PS after this.

I know I can't expect everything after just 3 weeks, so I'm happy with the results, as I have a feel it will be even better now that I move back to PS series. I have definitely added more weight to my exercises. So that is good.

What about you all? what is your experience? Let me know, I'm very curious.

Dorthe

Hello Dorthe,
I wanted to respond with my experience.

I am finishing a 3 week S&H rotation. I did not count my first time through the vids as week one, but as a baseline for the weights I used. I'm doing only S&H for weights and no cardio on weight days. I am also concentrating on eating more protein.

The changes I have seen are: My biceps are bigger. The bulge over the top and under the bottom of the bra strap (in the back) is smaller. I can really FEEL my chest muscles.

After finishing this week, I plan to do MIS and see if I can increase my weights, especially in my two weak areas, shoulders and biceps.

I too would love to hear what changes others have seen.
-joy

I am nearing the end of the third week of the S&H/Power Hour rotation. Here is what I did:

Day 1 Triceps/Biceps
Day 2 Legs/Shoulders
Day 3 Rhythmic Step
Day 4 Back/Chest
Day 5 Rhythmic Step
Day 6 Power Hour
Day 7 Rest

Here is what I noticed:

Getting dressed in front of a mirror one morning I noticed a much enhanced swelling of the upper chest (I guess you could say the part below the collarbone and above the breasts) that was never there before.

Working the biceps in front a mirror in a sleeveless tank I actually saw a cut between the shoulder and biceps (dare I call it the much exalted "V"? Yes. I call it that.) Never had that before either.

Will stay on this rotation another week or two and then go back to PS/MIS again for 8 weeks.

Very very happy with the results. I already have Cathe legs but have been wanting more upper body definition and now it is actually happening.

Yippeeeee.

Marlene

Lots of questions!

I'm still waiting for the DVDs, but it looks to me (from the responses so far) that this is a great Upper Body rotation. I need results exactly where you all are getting them, so that is perfect fo me.

But...

Do you think that you had "no results" for the lower body, or that they were just not visible?

Do you think that 3 weeks is just to short to see (or notice) lower body changes?

Do you think we would be better off with a different lower body tape?

Or- do you think that for the body to make muscle all over is just too big a job, and that for the whole body to improve is just too much to expect?

Definite results! I have lost two pounds without changing my diet, and I think it's been in my legs--specifically the thighs. My biceps are definitely more noticeable, and the biggest change--I think it's my shoulders. I can really see a cut just above the biceps. I just posted elsewhere that I've been doing the S and H with CTX cardio sections, so my workouts are also getting a boost in terms of length.

RE: Lots of questions!

I'm still waiting on my DVDs, so I haven't quite decided how I'm going to fit in the different workouts, but I'm interested in your questions on lower body vs. upper body. Since I don't really want to build my lower body (just lift, firm and all that)Í'm more inclined to use a tape like leaner legs for the lower body. I DO want to build my upper body, so I would use S&H for that.

RE: Lots of questions!

To Kathryn and BLinda:

I think the S&H series and Power Hour are great lower body workouts too. I go much lighter on lower body work because as I said before, I already have Cathe-type legs and if I went much heavier I would have Arnold-type legs. Don't want to go there.

So I keep the lower body stuff at much lighter weights and go as heavy as I can for upper body which is where I want more cuts and definition. I am sure that you will see fabulous improvement in lower body if you go as heavy as you dare. In my case, I just want to maintain the shape and tone, not build lower body anymore. So on upper body stuff I give it all I have and it shows.

I have gotten exactly the results I wanted. I am not all the way there yet but I have seen more progress in the last three weeks than I have in 6 years of The Firm.

I saw great results from my eight week rotation of the PS series too so I will alternate them with S&H rotations. Just like Cathe said, S&H is meant for shorter periods to shock your body into new development. She was right.

I've been reading your comments and even though I'm happy that you are all seeing the results you want, I 'm wondering if I'm doing the right tapes for what I want? I'm not looking to build muscle, or even have strength gains so that I can lift 301bs + the highest weight I have been able to use is 221bs, I don't want big biceps or shoulders, etc... I want to just have a leaner phisique. I'm actually happy with the way I look, I don't really care if I don't look cut and buff, but I don't like flab and I do have loose flesh that wobbles. At the moment I have started using the S&H tapes and now I'm wondering if these are the right tapes for me? Does anybody know how this 'getting lean' thing works?

Thank you for your comments.

Hi again,
great to see that you all get pretty much the same in the upper body.
I don't think that these tapes are wrong for lower body, but maybe the muscles needs more work to produce the results, maybe it takes a bit longer.
When I said that I hadn't seen results in my lower body besides my butt is more liftet, I did notise yesterday when working out, that I do have more of a swing on the outside above the knees. I had hoped for more, but I also have to admit that I had cut back my running some as I've had pains in my achillestendon. But the series has made me go up to 80 punds for the leg exercises, so I really think that now I will go back to PS I will see more results, after the shock from SH.

I don't think these tapes are wrong for anyone. I don't mind getting more muscle, but I want to be more defined, so that is what I'm working for, but that has never been possible for me to achieve if I didn't use very heavy weights. So go for it.

I have planned that after these 3 weeks with SH and powerhour, I'll do PS and powerhour for 3 weeks, and then lighther ballet, firm etc. for 2 weeks, and then start all over again. I'm really hoping that will make a difference.

For cardio, I would love to do more running, as that really makes a difference in my legs, but right now I have to be carefull of my achilles tendon. I wish cathe would do a spinning tape.

thanks for all your great answers, it's so incredible motivating.

very best
Dorthe

Hi again,
great to see that you all get pretty much the same in the upper body.
I don't think that these tapes are wrong for lower body, but maybe the muscles needs more work to produce the results, maybe it takes a bit longer.
When I said that I hadn't seen results in my lower body besides my butt is more liftet, I did notise yesterday when working out, that I do have more of a swing on the outside above the knees. I had hoped for more, but I also have to admit that I had cut back my running some as I've had pains in my achillestendon. But the series has made me go up to 80 punds for the leg exercises, so I really think that now I will go back to PS I will see more results, after the shock from SH.

I don't think these tapes are wrong for anyone. I don't mind getting more muscle, but I want to be more defined, so that is what I'm working for, but that has never been possible for me to achieve if I didn't use very heavy weights. So go for it.

I have planned that after these 3 weeks with SH and powerhour, I'll do PS and powerhour for 3 weeks, and then lighther ballet, firm etc. for 2 weeks, and then start all over again. I'm really hoping that will make a difference.

For cardio, I would love to do more running, as that really makes a difference in my legs, but right now I have to be carefull of my achilles tendon. I wish cathe would do a spinning tape.

thanks for all your great answers, it's so incredible motivating.

very best
Dorthe

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.