S & H vs. Pure Strength

M

MissAnnie

Any comments on the new Slow and Heavy series from owners of the Pure Strength series? I have PS Back/Biceps/Abs and Chest/Shoulders/Tri -- honestly not my favs (too much chat and way too slow for me). IYHO how does the new series compare?

MissAnnie

I like slow and heavy . . .because the lifting/lowering time is counted and so is the rest time. I have to think less and can concentrate on the lifting more. I love to lift!!!!!!!

But you know what, sometimes I put one of the tapes in just for the timing aspect and do different moves for that muscle group while I listen to Cathe's count.

Thank you, Kim.

That's a great idea. I appreciate your comments.

Annie

RE: If you find Pure Strength slow

than you will find Slow and Heavy even slower because it is. The exercises on S/H are divided using the push/pull series and is very effective, as is PS, and I really like them both. However, Slow and Heavy takes a fair bit of concentration so if you find Pure Strength too slow.......

Kim

Hi! Slow & Heavy is even slower than Pure Strength. I love the S&H series. It's tough but I always feel so great after the workout. I'm gaining serious muslce with this series. But I also really like PS & MIS, so I rotate between all of them. If you found PS to be too slow, you may enjoy Power Hour more than S&H. S&H is, as the name implies, slower and heavier. It uses 6-count reps instead of 2-count. Power Hour uses lighter weights & faster reps.

I love Slow and Heavy, because FINALLY I feel like I'm not rushed and I can really get my breathing in sync with my moves. I particularly like it for chest and back (I don't do the slow and heavy version of lunges, as my gimpy knee screamed at me not to !!)

Thanks for the detailed information. I really appreciate the "experts" at the forum.

I think Power Hour may be the workout I'm looking for.

MissAnnie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.