S&H vs PS

Ronne

Cathlete
Hello Cathe friends

I'm thinking of spending my 20% voucher on one of PS or S&H as I reckon STS Cardio will keep me happy on the cardio front for a while.

I'm really torn and don't which one to go for. I've looked at the clips and like the look of some of the different exercises in PS. However, I know a lot of you rave about S&H.

So which one would you pick?

Thanks!

Hi Ronnie:

Both are great workouts.. However, if maximum muscle gain is what you are looking for, go S & H. These are very different from a standard weight training workout as that Cathe uses slow movements for maximum recruitment of the muscles.

PS is a great solid series, but it is a bit dated. It probably has a bit more of a "fun" factor than S & H though, which can be a bit boring with all of the slow counts.

I had great results w/ S & H, more than when I did PS for increasing muscularity.

Lynn M.

I have both and like both of them. i find myself using PS more. I actually really love this series. I had it on VHS and then went and bought it on DVD after the VCR was gone. For some reason the PS legs really gets me every time. It might be dated but that doesn't bother me and it is one of my long time favorites.

I have both, and I really prefer SH to PS. SH makes your muscles quiver like you won't believe, but I can only do short rotations of it because it is very intense. PS is much less intense, but also less interesting, in my opinion.

Hey! I have both and admit that I've only done PS. I think S&H is a post STS thing for me. But I have used PS and in Debbie's January rotation and I loved it. It is dated but that doesn't bother me. It's a good solid workout. HTH.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but Cynthia, you have to try Debbie's December rotation too. :eek:

Not to confuse you even more, but the Gym Style workouts from the Hardcore series are also a good option. GS incorporates a resistance band which, after using the weights, burn your muscles in a completely different way. My order of preference is GS, S&H, then PS.

I don't know if I'm going to be any more help to you or not, but here is another opinion. I have S&H and the GS series--do not have PS--yet. I really like S&H and the GS dvds. S&H has helped me overcome some plateaus and the GS dvds are very challenging. I have PS on my "wish list." I have found that rotating through S&H and the GS series provides different workouts that over time give me balance. They are alike in some ways and different in others. It's hard to choose, but right now I'd say I tend to favor S&H. But again, not a complete comparison because I don't have PS yet.

If you can swing it--buy them both.
~michelle

Thanks everyone. I think I'm starting to lean towards S&H. I've already got the GS set and love them. It sounds like S&H would be a good combination with it.

That link was amazing, Cynthia!

I must admit the outfits on PS did put me off a bit. I'm so shallow! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.