S&H to STS?

Clarissa

Cathlete
Did anyone use Slow and Heavy prior to STS for the purpose of strengthening? I own S&H, just bought it during my pregnancy, but have not opened it yet and I am now 3 months PP...just bought STS though but haven't started it yet...should I just go for it or transition thru S&H first??
THoughts?

TIA! Clarissa :)

Hey Clarissa

I really loved doing STS! I have had some pretty amazing changes happen. I did Meso 1 for 4 weeks did Meso 2 for 8 and Meso 3 for 4. I really enjoyed each Meso cycle for different reasons and am looking forward to starting again. I just finished my last disc of Meso 3 this morning. I have never lifted such heavy weights. My DH can't believe the change in how my body actually looks. It is well worth the investment especially if you already like Cathe. The 1RM system really takes the guess work out of what to lift as I would never have selected such heavy weights on my own. I am going to post my results in the STS forum a little later but I lost 8 lbs, with 4 inches of my chest and 2 off each thigh, 2 off my waist and 3 off my hips.

Overall is was really fun and I looked forward to every workout.
Was there anything I didn't like? Nope!

Hope that wasn't too much information!
Heather

Please - information is needed! So, two more questions. No, three.... :)

1- did you change your diet?

2- why did you do Meso 2 twice? And how? Did you start it over again as soon as it was over? Curious...

3 - did you do plyo legs or squat rack?

Thanks!

C

The details...

1- did you change your diet? Not really, I eat pretty clean throughout the week and usually relax a little on the weekend... not all out though. I try to eat the 6 meals with protein and complex carbs at every meal. I have celiac disease so I can't eat wheat (gluten) and have to avoid dairy as well. So that helps with the treat avoidance.

2- why did you do Meso 2 twice? And how? Did you start it over again as soon as it was over? Curious... I did Meso 2 twice because it was always my intention to do the 6 month rotation. I had to take holidays 4 weeks after starting Meso 1 so it just made sense to only do it for 4 weeks then move onto meso 2. I did Meso 2 as follows W1, Disc 1, 2, 3 (of that meso) W2 Disc 1,2,3 then W3 Disc 4,5,6 and then W4 Disc 4,5,6. I really liked doing that way as I got to really know what to expect. Next time round I will do Meso 1 twice as well. Once I got to Meso 3 I felt that I did not want to strength for 2 months. As well after Meso 2 I was pretty exhausted.

3 - did you do plyo legs or squat rack? I did squat rack legs. Next time I'll do Plyo. I have been doing just the plyo parts for added cardio and they are really fun.

Prior to STS I was running 6km 4 times a week and doing a some Jari Love videos and a routine that was in Oxygen mag. During STS I would do 1 hour cardio on none STS days with an ab routine tacked on and maybe 20 minutes more cardio on the STS day if I had time or energy (usually only on the upper days) and of course a rest day.
hope that helps!
Heather

WOW! You have been very very helpful! Thanks so much! I start STS on Monday, I think, with my DH and I can't wait! I am currently logging my 1RMs this weekend!

Good luck with your fitness goals!

Clarissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.