S&H rave/hubby as PT

gvaughn

Cathlete
I thought today was going to be my last day on the Strong & Heavy rotation after two and a half weeks. I was actually glad the rotation was over--it has been hard work! But there I was, going through Chest & Back for the third time, and I could not believe the weight I was able to lift. It is so exciting to have my heaviest dumbbell pair not be enough and say, "I'm gonna need a bigger boat." Cathe mentioned at one point that the Strong & Heavy series was for PREMIUM strength gains, and she wasn't kidding. I am utterly amazed :-wow at how much progress I've made in such a short time.

I had extra fun today as I ran and got my husband to watch my form during the dumbbell rows. He was great: "You're over too far. That's good. ... Now look straight down ... No! Look here! (pointing at carpet under my nose)." :D

Between my hubby (my new unofficial personal trainer) and the Strong & Heavy series, I finally figured a major form error on my dumbbell rows. I've been going up too high and recruiting too much shoulder this whole time. No wonder I could only get up to 8# dumbbells, while every tape said "now go heavy--the lats are strong." Now, I know!

So I went out to get a mate to my heaviest dumbbell today, and I'm going another week with Strong & Heavy.

Thanks for letting me rave! I'm just a bit happy.

:) Gretchen

Way to go, Gretchen! I am doing Slow and Heavy for the first time this week and I am very excited!

I usually have my 11 year-old check my form. You can have her, Mary, but you have to keep her for a week! Not really, what would I do with myself without my kids?
http://www.plaudersmilies.de/rofl.gif

>I usually have my 11 year-old
>check my form. You
>can have her, Mary, but
>you have to keep her
>for a week! Not
>really, what would I do
>with myself without my kids?
>
>http://www.plaudersmilies.de/rofl.gif

I wanted to add that you can have my husband also. He is an ex-boxer and always takes it upon himself to offer pointers and the proper way to do exercises, however, he has yet to join me in actually doing a tape.

Hi Gretchen! Great news. I'm thrilled for you. Tell your husband that I am so happy that he is supporting you too. Way to go!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.