S&H for men too?

rmu2867

My wife has a lot of your tapes. I've tried some from time to time and they are great workouts. I saw the Slow and Heavy series in your catalog and was wondering if it is geared towards women only or is gender irrelevant?

Hi! Obviously, I'm not Cathe, but....
I have Slow and HEavy, and it would be perfect for men, too. There are no male exercisers in the group, but there are no exercises that are specific to women. Go for it, it's a great workout!

I would think that it would be fine if you were using weights that challenged your body. Heavy up and give it a try! Like Kathryn said, there are no exercises in it that are female specific.

I've futilely attempted to get my husband to use Cathe's weight training tapes. I think he'd learn a lot about form & get some new variations (he's a creature of habit). But workout time is also his music time so he's been resistent.

Cathe does use more reps for some of the leg work because most females can't lift enough weight over our heads. You might need to adjust the number of reps for your abilities.

I especially love Slow & Heavy because of all the stabilization work. Good stuff for the back!

RE: My man loves the Slow and Heavy

I managed to get my boyfriend working out with me and he is really liking what he is seeing with this series. We did it for at least 2 or 3 months when I finally told him we needed to switch for awhile. Being an ectomorph, (I am more of a mesomorph) I felt that he would need to go a bit longer on this rotation and so we did. However, before my quads and hams make my jeans too tight, I told him we had to do Power Hour and MIS for a few weeks and then we could get back into Pure Strength, which he also really enjoys.

So I say yes to your question about whether Cathe is for men too. Her tapes are for anyone, male or female, who wish to do serious weight training at home.

Kim

I am a 38 yr old male and I work out with all Cathe's weight training videos as well as Cardio Kicks.I am an advanced exerciser and I prefer to work out @ home in the morning before work.I have seen great results.I went back to the gym & the guys said " wow you really look in shape and you haven't been coming to the gym"They can't believe I am working out to fitness tapes.Cathe is excellent for both men & women however the home fitness market is predominately geared towards women.Stay away from men's fitness tapes I only found one decent tape-Arms of Steel by Gilad.CIA Power Bar training is also a must have by two sisters-they rock.Check out CIA kickboxing tapes.they make Taebo seem easy.
good luck

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.