Rythmic Step

Rae

I was just wondering if anyone else dropped their step height to four inches for this video. I tried it the first time at six inches and almost tripped and fell during the third routine. This has never happened before. I was having some troubles with the new foot work. This scared me so I lowered my step to just four inches the next time I did it, but I was really able to learn the footwork much easier. I felt real wimpy at this height, but I still worked up a real good sweat.

Am I the only wimpy one out there or has anyone else gone down to four inches to learn this tape.............Rae

I always learn with a 4" step too...with Rhythmic Step, I may just be keeping it there for quite awhile!
If you're learning RS, you're no wimp! ;-)
Ruth

When I did RS for the first time it was at the 6 inch height which is already 2 inches lower than usual for me. However, since Cathe uses a 6 inch step I figured I would let that guide me.

I stumbled around so much I was glad no one was watching.

The next time I went to four inches just to get the footwork down.

After that it was back to the 6 inch height. Lots more stumbling and bumbling but by now, having done it at least 6 times, I am getting the hang of the footwork. I still make a mistake here and there but for the most part I can make it through without looking too too bad. Progress at last.

Marlene the Klutz

I am waiting for the DVD's but I watched the clip and it scared me. I will use 4' to learn the routine. Thanks for the advice! What did you think of the routines? They look very intricate!

Bobbi-also a klutz;-)

That's just it...I'm a real klutz too, and it will probably take me twice as long as anybody else to learn this well, but it's so much fun! It really isn't as intricate as I first thought, it's just a lot of new material, & new moves always seem harder at first. I love this workout! The first time I did the twirling walk around the step I was going wheeeeeeeeeee! And I don't do that...my husband thought I had lost my mind.
Ruth :)

I have to confess there are a couple of workouts on the CTX that I don't do because of the footwork, particularly AllStep. It looks fun but I am afraid it will be too much for these two left feet of mine!

I am so glad I am not the only one using a 4 inch step on this tape. I too felt like a clumsy dork the first time I did it and was very glad no one was watching. I did this tape for the third time yesterday and have the first two sections down pretty good, but still have some problems on the third. I did make it thru the challenge one time then was too pooped to do it the second.

Bobbi, in the CTX All-Step is not really that bad if your familiar with Cathes other step workouts. Give it a try, but stick to the 4 inch height. That tape is one of my favs in the CTX series.........Rae

Hi - I use my 4" step when trying new Cathe tapes too. I'll probably stick with the 4" for Rythmic Step because of the intricate routines. If I feel stable & comfortable on my step, I can focus better on form & learning the routines (ie I'm not worried about tripping!) I really like this workout, it's really fun!

I also really like All Step - I think the routine is easy to pick up, and since it's only 20 mins, I sometimes add it on to other workouts

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.