Results with Slow and Heavy?

ellenellen

Cathlete
I'm thinking of ordering this set. I'm just coming off of a Power Hour rotation. I want to build mass. I notice people often say Slow and Heavy will give "strength gains". I don't really want to get stronger, unless that comes with bigger muscles!

Has anyone noticed bigger muscles from using S & H? And if so how did you incorporate it into your training schedule?

Thanks so much.

I love this series. Biggest results: defined triceps, Finally.
Able to do more regular push ups--
well, i just like it. I do think it can bust plateaus.

Ellenellen,

Well, I was impressed when I could heavy up on my squats from 40lbs in Pure Strength to 60lbs in S&H. And I think I definitely have shapelier triceps. Plus the way I'm shaking at the end of the Chest workout, I HAVE to be gaining some nice muscle mass. I add negative chins to the Back workout and I'm definitely stronger there.

After I finished 3 weeks of S&H (per Cathe's recommendations) I went to another rotation and was amazed at how easy the 40lb squats in PS was - I'm definitely making strength gains.

If you do order S&H and don't like it, you should be able to sell the tapes on eBay or on the FIRM Swap (www.firmbelievers.com) for close to what you paid.

Good luck!

Dawn P.

I've only done chest/back and legs/shoulders so far. I'm surprised that I'm not more sore the day after, because I am working intensely. I am really sore the day after Power Hour, and expected the same (if not more!) from slow and heavy. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Kathryn,
I am with you. I did all three of the videos once a week for 2 weeks. I was a little tender, but I am all out sore with Power Hour. I did PH yesterday morning and my arms are screaming at me.

Next week will be my "maiden voyage" with S&H and I can't wait. I have been doing Power Hour, which I love, twice a week. My biceps are also really talkin'! Power Hour is terrific.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.