replicated..... what exactly does that mean?

the dvd's are at the duplicatos being replicated... what does that mean? is this what they call the making/copying of each dvd that we are going to be getting in our hot little hands?

You guys crack me up with your impatience.

You just want some reassurance don't ya:D. Come on tell me I know you do:D . I do believe that you've answer your own question about replicated. Don't worry they'll be in your hands and into your dvd player before you know it.

Haydee

Yes, Replicated means to copy or duplicate. Yeayyy! Shouldn't be too much longer now!
Susan C.M.

>You guys crack me up with your impatience.
>
>You just want some reassurance don't ya:D. Come on tell me I
>know you do:D . I do believe that you've answer your own
>question about replicated. Don't worry they'll be in your
>hands and into your dvd player before you know it.
>
>
>Haydee

i didn't mean for my post to be a "when are we gonna get these" post... i really wanted to know what replated meant cuz SNM keeps using that term and i really didn't know what it meant.. i had assumed (correctly) what it meant.. but decided to ask!

i'm one of the ones that gets impatient with the impatient people that keep asking for more updates!

I seem to recall that when you "duplicate" a DVD - it means that it's being copied to DVD-R format. To "replicate" means that they are being mass transferred to standard DVD format.

I'm not a computer geek, so please don't quote me on this!

-Diane

Duplication and replication are very similar in meaning. Duplication is usually referred to when making VHS copies from a master, while replication refers to making DVDs. The main difference is a VHS copy is never as good as the master it was made from, but a replicated DVD is as crystal clear as the Glass Master it was created from.:)

Hi and thanks to SNM Chris!

Just a quick hi and a cyber (((HUG))) for all you do for us!! I know you are swamped with getting this new series out and you're probably on your last leg after weeks of post-production hours. And now you're online answering questions for us at 10:12 p.m. New Jersey time... I say it's time to sign off and get some rest, buddy! :)

Sweet dreams! :)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif
[font color=green]2005 Worked Out With Cathe Days: 10/365[/font color]

I'm with Haydee on this. I actually saw a post in the Ask Cathe forum that said the person "needed" an update from SNM. Since when did a want turn into a need? Too funny. :+

RE: Hi and thanks to SNM Chris!

Kathy, You're obviously not a Sci-Fi fan, or you'd know what replicated means! ;-) I've actually only heard it used before in sci-fi movies/shows (the "replicators" on Stargate S-G1, for example).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.