Question re: Compilation DVDs

GMonkey

Cathlete
So, I'm a recent Firm to Cathe convert. My results have been awesome so far. I have LI Step, Intro Step and Body Fusion, LI Circuit, and Muscle Max. My funds are very limited, so I'm considering just getting some of the compilation DVDs to round out my collection for now. I was thinking of 4DS, Terminator, Timesaver, and Low Max (I know, not a compilation, but I'm trying to balance the intensity to save my knees). I'm wondering if these will be enough to have a good base for conditioning and continued weight loss?

In the future, I'd love to get STS, but wonder if it can be done with just a few weights and mostly with resistance bands/tubes.

Thanks!

I have heard that 4DS is very, very versitile and a great buy.
I recently purchased it but has a shoulder injury so have not used it yet.
The Bootcamp and Kick box workouts looked really super in this collection.

I love Drill Max, Low Max, and Body Max 2 anyone of these are great. Music is great, pre-mixes are great these are just fun to do, but they do require STEP work. 4 Day Split is also great but requires pretty heavy dumb bells and has really dancy step work. I do love this workout for the kick box and boot camp alone but if I had to choose one it would be Drill Max.

You cant go wrong with the 2006 series (Body Max 2, Drill Max, Low Impact Circuit and Butts and Gutts) They have TONS of premixes, they are very versatile.
I was also a firm addict that opened to Cathe with this series.
REALLY, you CANT go wrong with this one.. each workout (especially body max 2) has so many premixes that make them very special and fun!
4DS is another goodie for premixes...
with premixes, you are getting more for your money!

I own both 4DS and Timesaver. Both are very good, but I get more use out of 4DS than Timesaver. I use Timesaver more for the Kick, Punch, Crunch or if I have VERY limited amounts of time.

4DS step workouts do have more dance than athletic step routines, but they are both do-able and lots of fun once you figure them out! Lower Intensity is easier to learn than Higher Intensity.

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for the suggestions! I just ranked them as "highest" on my amazon.com wishlist. I always get the funniest calls from family members asking, "Why the heck do you want exercise junk for your birthday and Christmas? I want to get you something you'll enjoy!" I then have to really, really convince them that I actually want the dvds and weights because my favorite things to do besides working out is gourmet cooking and eating!

I like 4-DS

my favorite things to do besides working out is gourmet cooking and eating!
Join us in the baking threads :D

As for your knees, 4-DS has some higher impact with Bootcamp, Kick box, and High intensity step however Cathe has great modifications. Its also got great weight workouts that should help with the weight loss. However, I use the premixes most of the time. I break it up into two 1 hour cardio workouts and two one hour weight workouts. I do my weight workouts in the evening. I do cardio in the morning. That way I feel like I use 4-DS fully and get my other cardio (run/walk) in too. I did not lose weight without the additional cardio however that is really subjective, every person has different needs regards weights/cardio/stretching.

It does take a high step.

I really like the 4DS (esp HIS & LIS plus their pre-mixes). Also, the Terminator DVD is very good if you want to do combinations of cardio & weights or just really intense cardio as in IMAX Extreme. One of my favorite DVD's is Low Max. Don't think that Low Max means in any way "easy", 'cause it's not! It's just lower impact making it much easier on your joints. You'll be sweating believe me! I personally am not a fan of the Timesaver DVD. I bought it because I have everything that Cathe ever produced, but I feel like the workouts included are just too short. This is just my opinion. You might like that. Although I do own STS I haven't gotten into it enought to offer any suggestions about it as of yet. Hope this helps you out. Welcome to the world of Cathe workouts!

Sharon

4 Day Split!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit, I have not done the step routines too often, but the kickbox and bootcamp are great (you can modify for lower impact if necessary) and the weight work is superb.

The premixes alone are worth the price. If I was on a deserted island, I'd want this series with me!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.