pyramid workouts

nightowl81

Cathlete
Here's a question on the Pyramids (Cathe's and others). If 12 reps are for endurance, 10 is for hypertrophy and 8 is for strength... are pyramid workouts working on all 3? Or is pyramiding weights just all endurance?

Here's a question on the Pyramids (Cathe's and others). If 12 reps are for endurance, 10 is for hypertrophy and 8 is for strength... are pyramid workouts working on all 3? Or is pyramiding weights just all endurance?

bumping.....great question

Carmen

There is no rest between sets in The Pyramids - you rest just as long as it takes to pick up the weights for the next exercise.

PUB also uses Super Setting (putting 2 exercises back-to-back) so now that 12 rep set becomes 24 reps since there is no rest at all between the 2 exercises because you don't change weights for it.

Most of the reps in PUB are in 5 sets of 24, 20, and 16 except for shoulders which has 3 exercises back-to-back making it 5 sets of 36, 30, and 24 reps.

If that isn't endurance, I don't know what is. :D

I just did PUB today and my HR got way up there and I was pooring sweat. Yes,definitely endurance! Fun workout:)

Definitely endurance. Remember, with the Hypertrophy and Strength mesos the weight is going up quite a bit. There is no way you could do Pyramids with 70-80% of your one rep max. That's a 55-60% for sure (at best), so it's endurance.
I love that workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.